Supervisor - End User Services ( 1.0 FTE, Days )
1.0 FTE, 8 Hour Day Shifts
At Stanford Children’s Health, we know world-renowned care begins with world-class caring. That's why we combine advanced technologies and breakthrough discoveries with family-centered care. It's why we provide our caregivers with continuing education and state-of-the-art facilities, like the newly remodeled Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford. And it's why we need caring, committed people on our team - like you. Join us on our mission to heal humanity, one child and family at a time.
This paragraph summarizes the general nature, level and purpose of the job.
The Supervisor will assist in the delivery of high-quality deployment of End User services provided to users throughout the Stanford Children's Health campus and off campus (Ambulatory and Clinics) locations. Key responsibilities include defining End User project delivery process, procedures and best practices, ensuring the proactive delivery of effective and efficient services to departments and users, analysis of support requests to determine potential improvements to service delivery, manage allocation of resources to ensure effective delivery of services to customers and manage large-scale rollouts of new technologies or upgrades. Additional responsibilities include assisting in developing short and long-term strategies to improve service offerings, development of user self service capabilities, development and management of financial plans and assigned budget for End User Support Services, developing detailed project plans for key projects, oversight of hardware and software inventory, development of multi-year technology refresh plans, comprehensive testing of new products in preparation for rollout, and development of service request reports for distribution.
The essential functions listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Employees must abide by all Joint Commission Requirements including but not limited to sensitivity to cultural diversity, patient care, patient rights and ethical treatment, safety and security of physical environments, emergency management, teamwork, respect for others, participation in ongoing education and training, communication and adherence to safety and quality programs, sustaining compliance with National Patient Safety Goals, and licensure and health screenings.
Must perform all duties and responsibilities in accordance with the hospital's policies and procedures, including its Service Standards and its Code of Conduct.
- Lead staff to excel in department and individual objectives; provide staff with a clear sense of direction and purpose; communicate effectively and timely with staff; regularly utilize a variety of recognition tools and programs.
- Lead the Desktop Services function and team within a particular office and region.
- Lead team meetings to keep staff apprised of events & procedures.
- Maintains a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles.
- Contributes to Performance Appraisals for Support Services staff as necessary, recommend staff salary adjustments in conjunction with the Director / Associate Director / Manager IT - Head of Relationship Management.
- Help to manage team performance in conjunction with the Director / Associate Director / Manager IT - Head of Relationship Management.
- Monitors the call queue within Service Manager to ensure calls are resolved in an efficient manner and to ensure that all work is logged and tracked through Service Manager Service Desk system. Leads process improvement initiatives for Desktop Services.
- Leads innovation efforts to introduce transformational products, services and processes to the customer base.
- Develops and implement innovative initiatives aimed at improving the customer experience.
- Assists in setting direction in identifying and implementing business development and process improvement opportunities.
- Designs and implement road map and infrastructure needed to drive growth and operational success.
- Develops and maintain a detailed budget for department.
- Recommends of annual technology plans, and in the development of supporting budgets for all information systems.
- Meets with representatives from user departments to identify needs and assist in the coordination of Information Services with these projects.
- Develops Project Plans and identify key deliverables, milestones and resource requirements, identify sources of funding and manage expense tracking.
- Accountable for performing all functions related to supervising a staff including interviewing and hiring, training and coaching, evaluating performance, approval personnel actions such as pay increases, promotions, transfers and/or taking disciplinary action, etc.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Business Management, Computer Science or related field.
Experience: Four (4) years of progressively responsible directly related work experience.
License/Certification: None required.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
These are the observable and measurable attributes and skills required to perform successfully the essential functions of the job and are generally demonstrated through qualifying experience, education, or licensure/certification.
- Knowledge of fiscal matters including budget development, forecasting and variance analysis.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective professional relationships with internal colleagues and business partners.
- Knowledge of program and project management methodologies and tools; track record of success in managing Information Services projects; effective problem solving abilities; motivated to develop creative solutions to common processes or problems.
- Ability to develop project plans, resource requirements and project cost estimates; ability to deliver projects within budget.
- Ability to conduct research into emerging technologies and applying research to business; skilled in comprehensive testing of new technologies to ensure problem free deployment to users.
- Ability to use Standard English grammar and punctuation.
- Knowledge of Service Now.
- Knowledge of Help Desk and End User Operations, Service Management, and customer service and support.
- Ability to lead process change.
- Ability to create, develop and execute key business strategies and initiatives.
- Ability to define, plan and implement new policies and procedures.
- Ability to understand and leverage technology teams to improve processes, systems and maximize resources.
- Ability to facilitate decisions about strategies to pursue, resource use.
- Ability to motivate staff in job performance and professional development.
- Ability to be creative, innovative and flexible in responding to rapidly changing needs and priorities.
- Ability to mentor, guide and motivate staff.
The Physical Requirements and Working Conditions in which the job is typically performed are available from the Occupational Health Department. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital Stanford strongly values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity and non-discrimination in all of its policies and practices, including the area of employment. Accordingly, LPCH does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, religion, age, national or ethnic origin, political beliefs, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or disability, or the perception of any of the above. People of all genders, members of all racial and ethnic groups, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Qualified applicants with criminal convictions will be considered after an individualized assessment of the conviction and the job requirements, and where applicable, in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.