Program Project Coordinator - REVIVE ( .8 FTE, Days )
.8 FTE 8-hour Day Shift
Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford is the heart and soul of Stanford Children’s Health. Nationally ranked and internationally recognized, our 361-bed hospital is devoted entirely to pediatrics and obstetrics. Our six centers of excellence provide comprehensive services and deep expertise in key obstetric and 8 pediatric areas: brain & behavior, cancer, heart, pregnancy & newborn, pulmonary and transplant. We also provide an additional, wide range of services for babies, kids and pregnant moms.
The Revive Program Administrative Coordinator has accountability for providing management for the Revive Program relative to assisting and collaborating with the Revive Sim Manager and Program Director to provide quality patient care, promote a coordinated multidisciplinary team effort to ensure optimal patient outcomes. The Revive Program Administrative Coordinator schedules and coordinates education; coordinates processes; performance and quality improvement activities as they relate to code events; and supports marketing and promotion of the Revive Program. The Code/Resuscitation Program Administrative Coordinator provides administrative coordination to the program. They also develop and maintains all required clinical, administrative and financial statistics.
The essential functions listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks and responsibilities. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned. Employees must abide by all Joint Commission requirements including but not limited to sensitivity to cultural diversity, patient care, patients’ rights and ethical treatment, safety and security of physical environments, emergency management, teamwork, respect for others, participation in ongoing education and training, communication and adherence to safety and quality programs, sustaining compliance with National Patient Safety Goals and licensure and health screenings. Must perform all duties and responsibilities in accordance with the Service Standards of the Hospital(s).
Essential functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Program Coordinator and Scheduling
- Facilitates, tracks and schedules all units for resuscitation weeks
- Collects and provides reports of units collaborative participation
- Based off system errors and process improvements identified by Code committee
- Provides safety checks , inventory and audits of emergency equipment and reports out to code committee and other hospital –wide committees
- Works with team members and unit leadership to schedule, coordinate, track and notify all disciplines of unit resuscitation skill training and mock codes
- Demonstrates a high degree of independence in performance of responsibilities, works effectively with minimal supervision, exhibits strong time mgt. problem solving and communication skills; multi-tasking
- Provides administrative coordination to the program such as coordinating work meetings and conferences for staff/management.
- Organize work and assign duties to administrative staff to maximize departmental effectiveness and efficiencies.
- Coordinates and organizes special events and meetings (staff and/or patient focused) including planning, facilitation, and implementation.
- Prepares agenda for meetings; manages department database updates and creates monthly reports specific to departmental/unit operations and activities.
- Collaborates with specialist and program director to optimize efficient workflows
- May assist in budget reconciliation for routine administrative expenses.
- Relays information to appropriate individuals in a timely manner. Routes inquires to other levels of the organization as appropriate.
- Maintains filling system, data base, program supplies, and records for the program
- Creates and maintains complex spreadsheets, databases, reports, queries, charts, etc based on programs activities and objectives.
- Processes supply and equipment transactions including purchase orders and requisitions.
- Reviews invoices to ensure that items are correct in description, quantity, unit price, and total price.
Data Abstraction and Management Reporting
- Able to obtain reports using GWTG-R registry to support resuscitation data and research, best practice and death prevention.
- Creates and distributes, graphs, tables and other statistical reports to a variety of organizational and governing board committees
- Uploads data into presentations for code committee and various hospital-wide committees
- Follows up with system errors and Process Improvements and reports to Resuscitation Program Director
- Ability to create, track and provide code and rapid response data reports
- Ability to report out codes outside ICU data to Whole System Measures
- Works with Data analytics and Code/Resuscitation Program Specialist in data collection and report out to units
Education: High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelors Degree preferred.
Experience: Two to five years of experience interacting with clients, customers and/or patients in a complex environment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Knowledge of computer programs and computer database programs (Excel, MS word, Outlook, etc.)
Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to plan, organize prioritize, work independently and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of EMR for application in Code reviews
- Ability to be flexible, multi-task, and work well with all Healthcare professionals
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible
Equal Opportunity Employer