Epic Instructional Designer - Hospital, ProFee Billing, and HIMS (1.0 FTE, Days)
1.0 FTE, 8 Hour Day Shifts
Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford is the heart and soul of Stanford Children’s Health. Nationally ranked and internationally recognized, our 311-bed hospital is devoted entirely to pediatrics and obstetrics. Our six centers of excellence provide comprehensive services and deep expertise in key obstetric and pediatric areas: brain & behavior, cancer, heart, pregnancy & newborn, pulmonary and transplant. We also provide an additional, wide range of services for babies, kids and pregnant moms.
The Epic Revenue Instructional Designer/Trainer works with hospital billing, professional billing and HIM management and operations to determine Epic EHR training needs and goals, using a variety of educational media to design and develop state-of-the-art training programs for designated audiences. The Instructional Designer is responsible for analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation of training curriculum. The person in this position will write and edit instructional material such as Epic new hire training, train-the-trainer courses, tip sheets, how-to guides, and other documents for various Stanford Children's audiences. This person will need to understand adult learning theory and be familiar with Epic Revenue Cycle Master Train environment build.
Must perform all duties and responsibilities in accordance with the Service Standards of the Hospital(s).
• Create simple, clear and effective communication and documentation. Explain complex topics in direct language that is engaging, to-the-point, and applicable to the delivery medium.
• Schedule and conduct classroom, WebEx, blended, remote 1:1, and in-person 1:1 training. Round regularly throughout all Stanford Children’s departments and practices to assess training needs and provide user support.
• Staff the Clinical Service Desk phone line at least one day per week. Provide first call resolution for Epic how-to questions, transfer and escalate issues as appropriate, and document all transactions in IS ticketing system.
• Develop scenario-based education, web-based micro learning, and video snippets to increase learner engagement and motivation.
• Maintain and update existing library of e-Learning materials. Coordinate with subject matter experts to validate training content and materials.
• Research, gather data, and repurpose existing material as appropriate. Rewrite, summarize, reorganize, and enhance to create the most effective documents and performance support tools to meet business needs.
• Create and maintain document libraries on SharePoint and network drives. Maintain knowledge of copyright law and usage rights for written materials, images, etc.
• Develop and conduct user evaluations to collect data on training effectiveness, including transfer and retention, and provide suggestions for improvements.
• Help administer HealthStream learning management system and create and run reports.
• Participate in Master Train environment build, including creation of master patients, patient duplication, testing, and training environment prep.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Education: Bachelor's degree in a work-related discipline/field from an accredited college or university
Experience: Two (2) years of progressively responsible and directly related work experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of workflows, computer systems and software used in functional area to include experience with Epic HB, PB, and HIM applications.
- Ability to be sensitive to the needs of customers through the practice of quality service principles
- Ability to communicate complex concepts in simple form to cross-functional departments or teams
- Ability to lead teams and produce project results within schedule and budget
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, work independently and meet deadlines
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service and collaboration with various stakeholders
- Ability to work effectively as a team player
- Desire to cross-train in other functional areas of Epic EHR system.
Equal Opportunity Employer