Clinic Clerical Coordinator - Clinic-Peds-730 Welch 2A (1.0 FTE, Days)
1.0 FTE, 8 Hour Day Shifts
Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford is the heart and soul of Stanford Children’s Health. Nationally ranked and internationally recognized, our 311-bed hospital is devoted entirely to pediatrics and obstetrics. Our six centers of excellence provide comprehensive services and deep expertise in key obstetric and pediatric areas: brain & behavior, cancer, heart, pregnancy & newborn, pulmonary and transplant. We also provide an additional, wide range of services for babies, kids and pregnant moms.
Reporting to the Clinic Registration Manager, the Clinic Clerical Coordinator functions as both the lead to a team of employees and as a member of the clinic team that performs the tasks required to meet the institutional registration standards. The Clinic Clerical Coordinator is capable of maintaining operations of the unit in the absence of the Registration Manager. This position has frequent contacts with patients, third party payers, PSO staff, contracting staff, and managers of clinic and clerical staff. The Coordinator functions with a high degree of independence.
• Serves as in-house expert resource on registration and IDX and OnTrac functionality.
• Assigns daily work schedules, adjusts work files for registration staff.
• Verifies insurance eligibility.
• Ensures scheduled patients are eligible for services requested, and/or determines patient liability.
• Keeps IT logic current in IDX system when changes occur both internally and externally.
• Assigns Medical Record numbers.
• Meets the productivity standard set for this position 90% of the time.
• Performs monthly Quality Reviews on sample registrations performed by staff to ensure accuracy.
• Prepares monthly productivity report from data supplied by staff, and other ad-hoc reports as requested.
• Reviews registration edit report, identifies, documents and reports registration problems to technical staff, and corrects database in a timely fashion.
• Adheres to policies, practices and procedures.
• Administers and evaluates competency exams of new staff, and provides on-the-job training.
• Participates in registration orientation for new staff.
• Serves as resource to other staff on registration, benefits and authorization process.
• Participates with manager in improving clinic registration procedure.
• In the absence of the Registration Manager, maintains operations of the unit.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Education: AA or AS in health related field or equivalent combination of relevant education and/or pertinent experience.
Experience: Three years’ experience in a medical, billing or health insurance office setting.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Skilled in effective communications, customer service, problem solving, and managing multiple priorities.
• Knowledge of insurance eligibility, benefits, contract language, and medical terminology.
• Demonstrates knowledge of registration policies, FSC determinations and contract information.
• Accurately utilizes IDX insurance dictionaries to assign FSC.
• Demonstrates acceptance of patient and family regardless of race, gender, disease process, life-style, sexual orientation, religious or cultural beliefs.
• Follows policies, procedures and guidelines to manage patient care and other information.
• Ability to utilize appropriate manual and electronic systems.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Skill using keyboard and mouse for computer interface.
Preferred: Experience with registration.
Equal Opportunity Employer