EPSi / Decision Support Systems Application Analyst (1.0 FTE, Days)
1.0 FTE, 8 Hour Day Shifts
At Stanford Children’s Health, we know world-renowned care begins with world-class caring. That's why we combine advanced technologies and breakthrough discoveries with family-centered care. It's why we provide our caregivers with continuing education and state-of-the-art facilities, like the newly remodeled Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford. And it's why we need caring, committed people on our team - like you. Join us on our mission to heal humanity, one child and family at a time.
The Sr. Programmer Analyst is responsible for providing administrative and technical assistance in the development, installation and ongoing maintenance of computer systems used throughout the institution. The incumbent is responsible for complex assignments that are small to significantly sized, that require independent decision-making, project management skills and judgment. Analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors. The Sr. Analyst will exercise judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criterion for obtaining results. The analyst works with the user community to identify and prioritize system enhancements, fixes data quality issues, resolves problems and participates in projects that affect the application.
Manages complex projects and a small group of employees or consultants. Provides technical consultation and guidance to other team members.
Support new project development, including systems analysis, planning and preparation, coding, testing, and implementation and client coordination.
Supports ongoing maintenance of computerized systems, including problem analysis and investigation, correction/coding, testing and implementation and client coordination.
Provides production support as necessary to keep systems operational.
Creates and maintains regular status reports for management.
Prepares technical reviews and coordinates walk through.
Develops, supports and maintains systems documentation and procedures as needed.
Provides training to staff and user clients as appropriate.
Coordinates interactions and activities of vendors, on-site and off-site, as related to systems or areas supported.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in a work-related field/discipline from an accredited college or university
Experience: Eight (8) years progressively responsible and directly related work experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to apply judgment and make informed decisions.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, work independently and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of computer systems and software used in functional area.
- Ability to manage, organize, prioritize, multi-task and adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to foster effective working relationships and build consensus with other departments and external vendors.
- Knowledge of local, state and federal regulatory requirement related to the functional area.
- Knowledge of new technologies (in specific field) and maintain and stay abreast of updates and changes.
- Ability to conduct analysis and formulate conclusions.
- Prior EPSi installation experience with budget and cost accounting functionality
- Prior experience with EPIC to EPSi integration ( for Costing, Budgeting, PLA, Contract modeling, Data Extender )
- Expert in Report Writing – decision support and financial statements. Capable of creating custom reports in all EPSi modules. Worked with the clients to create custom reports in EPSi after the data has been loaded and assist the clients in tying back to all source systems.
- Able to perform data loads for all modules using Data Studio. This would also include all modules including Budget, Payroll, Capital, Product Line Analysis, and Cost Accounting
- Ad hoc analysis to support business decisions, SQL queries, develop and maintain unit costs, provide budget development support
- Understanding of EPSi/TSi Infrastructure and can work with administration team to support backups, refreshes, data loads and upgrades. Also assist with regular patches and maintenance activities
- Collaborate with User Groups to maintain an ongoing understanding of business issues and needs.
- Determine project scope and deliverables, sets project expectations; develops and manages project plans e.g., identification of user requirements, analysis and design, specification development, development and implementation, installation, configuration, testing, training, documentation, policy and procedure development, issue resolution, and go-live customer support
- Coordinate with and direct third party vendors.
- Able to support external submission including but not limited to OSHPD, UHC
- Design processes for integrating with Data warehousing to enhance reporting capabilities across the enterprise
- Develop training, testing, and security plans to meet defined business requirements working with the appropriate business owners or authority.
Equal Opportunity Employer