Business Systems Analyst- Radiology (1.0 FTE, Days)
1.0 FTE, 8 hour day shifts
At Stanford Children’s Health, we know world-renowned care begins with world-class caring. That's why we combine advanced technologies and breakthrough discoveries with family-centered care. It's why we provide our caregivers with continuing education and state-of-the-art facilities, like the newly remodeled Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford. And it's why we need caring, committed people on our team - like you. Join us on our mission to heal humanity, one child and family at a time.
The Business System Analyst examines, administers, and monitors business and program processes, operation systems, and efficient business systems. Maintains system applications for department under general direction in coordinating and carrying out assignments. Applies project management methodology and develops expertise in one business area.
* Acts as a focal point and triages for reporting system problems within the department and as resource on department’s workflow, policies and procedures, business objectives, regulatory requirements.
* Assists in developing and maintains requirements/specifications for new or enhanced functionality to department applications.
* Collaborates with IT in managing the resolution of problems and implementation of changes to the department’s information systems.
* Coordinates and documents end-user training; modifies tables, make additions and changes to user tables.
* Customer Interaction involves gathering user needs.
* Evaluates business and program application systems’ functionality to identify gaps, measuring the solution impact to business operations. The BSA serves as a liaison between the business and the project team to
improve productivity, and developing and delivering training.
* Implements changes using documented procedures that are compliant with hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
* Keeps a record of resources, equipment, processes and requirements.
- Maintains system applications for department under general direction and with guidance and direction on coordinating assignments.
* Runs ad hoc and scheduled reports and collects feedback from customers on creating new reports.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Education: Bachelor's degree in a work-related field/discipline from an accredited college or university
Experience: Two (2) years of progressively responsible and directly related work experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Ability to communicate complex concepts in simple form to
cross-functional departments or teams.
* Ability to coordinate and manage facilities, equipment, supplies, and related resources as necessary for the project.
* Ability to diagnose and resolve routine, specialized, and advanced technology problems.
* Ability to establish a set of tasks and activities associated with an intended outcome and timeline.
* Ability to make effective oral presentations and prepare concise written reports to a variety of audiences.
* Ability to provide oversight for project(s) and all related activities in that setting, including quality assurance and safety.
* Ability to take action consistent with available facts, constraints, and anticipated consequences.
* Ability to use appropriate interpersonal skills to give information to and receive information from coworkers and clients in a tactfully and professional manner.
* Ability to use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions and/or reaching conclusions.
* Knowledge of new technologies and maintain and stay abreast of updates and changes in the field.
Analysts in some departments may perform routine quality assurance, make corrections as needed, and inform management and staff of deficiencies. Where these can be mitigated by process enhancements, the analyst recommends changes to departmental applications and workflows. Works to ensure the data captured by staff meet all clinical, compliance, and billing needs. In doing so the analyst draws upon knowledge of federal, state, and other regulatory requirements and recommends/initiates process changes and system enhancements to meet changing needs.