Sourcer (1.0 FTE, Days)
1.0 FTE, 8 Hour Day Shift
At Stanford Children’s Health, we know world-renowned care begins with world-class caring. That's why we combine advanced technologies and breakthrough discoveries with family-centered care. It's why we provide our caregivers with continuing education and state-of-the-art facilities, like the newly remodeled Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford. And it's why we need caring, committed people on our team - like you. Join us on our mission to heal humanity, one child and family at a time
This paragraph summarizes the general nature, level and purpose of the job.
The sourcer creates a pipeline of candidates for current and future positions within the two hospitals. Uses multiple mediums including: advertising, social networking, cold calling, internet searches and research to source active and passive candidates to ensure that there is a sufficient pool of candidates. The Sourcer partners with other recruiting team members to align qualified candidates with appropriate positions and work with them through hiring process. Ensures that the hospitals use the best available techniques to increase applicant pools for positions with particular focus on areas where talent is difficult to recruit for. Communicates information to recruiters on the market conditions and ensures that there is a full understanding of timelines it will take to identify the appropriate talent for a particular category.
The essential functions listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Employees must abide by all Joint Commission Requirements including but not limited to sensitivity to cultural diversity, patient care, patient rights and ethical treatment, safety and security of physical environments, emergency management, teamwork, respect for others, participation in ongoing education and training, communication and adherence to safety and quality programs, sustaining compliance with National Patient Safety Goals, and licensure and health screenings.
Must perform all duties and responsibilities in accordance with the hospital’s policies and procedures, including its Service Standards and its Code of Conduct.
- Ability to remain current with developing techniques and skills
- Calls, screens, conducts interview and qualifies prospective candidates and assist them through the recruitment process
- Conducts research of competitors and of educational and other target institutions in the market. Builds a substantial competitive intelligence knowledge base of desired areas, companies, etc.
- Creates reports within hiring system or in other appropriate forms for recruiters and managers
Cultivates relationship with key educational institutions and organizations, defined according to long-term initiatives and direction of the organization & client businesses
- Determines best avenue in recruiting (e.g., advertising, direct contact, employee referrals, research organization, and job fairs). Identifies potential candidates through the use of web based searches, user groups, candidate referrals, networking, cold calling and web sourcing
- Develops internal and external sources to identify qualified job candidate such as going to career fairs, college campuses, professional meeting, conducting direct mail campaigns, placement of employment advertising etc|
- Develops, influences and executes sourcing strategy for passive and active candidates
- Develops tools and tracks prospects in a prospect tracking tool and reports metrics for pipeline, conversions, and hires. Identifies, assesses and manages systems/databases for managing sourcing data
- Plays an active role in the recruitment team, filling in, routing candidates when appropriate and assisting with Nursing New Graduate and other Programs
- Provides feedback to recruiters on the recruitment market place that helps keep mangers informed about realistic expectations. Attends meetings with recruiters when necessary to gain a better understanding of required talent pool
- Works closely with the Recruiters to develop and execute tactical sourcing strategies aimed at generating candidate flow to meet overall recruiting goals. Manages multiple searches for candidates supporting several recruiters at any one time
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in a work-related discipline/field from an accredited college or university
- Experience: Two (2) years of progressively responsible and directly related work experience
- Licensure/Certification: None required
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
These are the observable and measurable attributes and skills required to perform successfully the essential functions of the job and are generally demonstrated through qualifying experience, education, or licensure/certification.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing
- Ability to do research and gather market intelligence
- Ability to manage multiple searches at any time and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to persuade and lead a passive candidate to a placement
- Ability to write clear concise reports to communicate at multiple levels
- Knowledge of current sourcing techniques
- Knowledge of local, state and federal regulatory requirements related to areas of functional responsibility and HR
- Knowledge of principles and methods of recruiting, candidate screening and interviewing
- Knowledge of research techniques
- Knowledge of the recruitment market place
- Skills: Cold calling skills to identify passive candidates
The Physical Requirements and Working Conditions in which the job is typically performed are available from the Occupational Health Department. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job
Equal Opportunity Employer