HR Generalist II (1.0 FTE, Days)
This job posting is no longer active
1.0 FTE, 8 Hour Day Shift
At Stanford Children’s Health, we know world-renowned care begins with world-class caring. That's why we combine advanced technologies and breakthrough discoveries with family-centered care. It's why we provide our caregivers with continuing education and state-of-the-art facilities, like the newly remodeled Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford. And it's why we need caring, committed people on our team - like you. Join us on our mission to heal humanity, one child and family at a time.
The HR Generalist II is responsible for the communication and administration of programs, procedures and policies related to all functional areas of Human Resources including staffing, benefits, training, compensation, management reporting, employee transactions, data base and systems management. Assignments and issues are complex and require a broad knowledge across all functional areas of HR.
• Participates with subject matter experts to develop and document new processes to transition to the HR Business Center. Advises on documentation requirements and participates in the testing of the procedures
• Performs the administration of standard to complex processes and activities for all functional areas of HR (e.g. benefits, staffing, compensation, etc.). Provides guidance and mentoring to less experienced Generalists
• Provides explanation, interpretation and/or guidance to employees and managers regarding the administrative activities related to HR programs, policies, and procedures.
• Reviews processes and process documentation and working as part of a team recommends process improvements, automation opportunities, system improvements, cost saving and customer service initiatives
• Serves as the escalation point for questions or issues related to transactions and/processes of a nonstandard nature. Conducts research (e.g. policy interpretation, terms and conditions, etc.) and responds to client or seeks management approval
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Education: Bachelor's degree in a work-related discipline/field from an accredited college or university
Experience: Two (2) years of progressively responsible and directly related work experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to effectively prioritize work and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
• Ability to research and identify the appropriate prescribed response to customer inquiries
• Ability to solve problems in a customer-focused environment
• Ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization
• Knowledge of HR practices/policies related to benefits, staffing, compensation, etc.
• Knowledge of HR-related systems and software applications
• Knowledge of Windows-based office software, computers and operating systems
Equal Opportunity Employer