Pharmacy Technician II - Inpatient (1.0 FTE, Rotating)
This job posting is no longer active
Equal Opportunity Employer
1.0 FTE, 8-Hour Rotating Shifts
At Stanford Children’s Health, we know world-renowned care begins with world-class caring. That's why we combine advanced technologies and breakthrough discoveries with family-centered care. It's why we provide our caregivers with continuing education and state-of-the-art facilities, like the newly remodeled Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford. And it's why we need caring, committed people on our team - like you. Join us on our mission to heal humanity, one child and family at a time
This position assists the pharmacist in providing pharmaceutical services (e.g. processing prescriptions) in compliance with applicable State Board of Pharmacy regulations. Functions include those allowed by the Board of Pharmacy and are always checked before the product is released from the pharmacy. The Relief Pharmacy Technician II works under supervision. Demonstrates proficiency working in 5 of the pharmacy areas to which technicians are assigned OR demonstrates expertise in 1 of the pharmacy areas and trains new technicians to achieve the appropriate level of competency.
* Enters patient medication orders into the pharmacy computer system, operates automated compounding and dispensing machines for preparation and storage of medications under the direct supervision of a pharmacist.
* Maintains medication inventory, places and receives stock replacement orders.
* Prepares, compounds and labels intravenous admixtures, cancer chemotherapy and parenteral nutrition patient specific doses using strict aseptic technique.
* Prepares, packages, compounds and labels non-sterile drug products for specific patients with appropriate final pharmacist checks.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Education: High School Diploma or GED equivalent
Experience: Six (6) months of progressively responsible and directly related work experience
License/Certification: ChPT - Licensed as a Pharmacy Technician OR
PI - Licensed as Pharmacy Intern by the California Board of Pharmacy
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Ability to adapt to and deal with change and ambiguity.
* Ability to perform routine mathematical calculations; weighing, measuring and documentation with accuracy.
* Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, work independently and meet deadlines.
* Ability to solve problems and identify solutions.
* Ability to speak and write effectively at a level appropriate for the job.
* Ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
* Ability to work in a fast paced work environment.
* Ability to work with devices, information systems, automated and technical equipment utilized in pharmacy.
* Knowledge of computer systems and software used in functional area.
* Knowledge of influence of patient's age, sex, concomitant disease states, concurrent drug therapy, foods and diagnostic procedures on drug activity and disposition.
* Knowledge of local, state and federal regulatory requirements related to areas of functional responsibility.
* Knowledge of Medical terminology and abbreviations; pharmacology and pharmacological nomenclature; medical therapeutics, pharmacokinetics, and disease states.
* Knowledge of methods and procedures involved in proper handling and storing of pharmaceutical supplies.
* Knowledge of physiology, anatomy, pathology, chemistry and mathematics as they relate to pharmacy practice.