Manager - Analytics & Reporting (1.0 FTE, Day Shift)
1.0 FTE, 8 Hour Day Shift
At Stanford Children’s Health, we know world-renowned care begins with world-class caring. That's why we combine advanced technologies and breakthrough discoveries with family-centered care. It's why we provide our caregivers with continuing education and state-of-the-art facilities, like the newly remodeled Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford. And it's why we need caring, committed people on our team - like you. Join us on our mission to heal humanity, one child and family at a time.
This paragraph summarizes the general nature, level and purpose of the job.
The Analytics, Reporting and Innovation Manager leads a group of technical programmer/analysts to deliver actionable information to the organization in various forms (i.e. reports, dashboards, ad hoc requests, etc.) by integrating disparate systems and databases. This position collaborates with business units to create an enterprise business Intelligence roadmap and strategy, to plan and implement innovative technical solutions. Oversight includes data architecture, data integration, data extract/transform & load (ETL), data flow design, business intelligence architecture, enterprise data warehouse design, capacity planning, environment management, code migration through development, quality assurance, and data security. This position also provides thought leadership regarding potential business intelligence best practices/methods of approach.
The essential functions listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Employees must abide by all Joint Commission Requirements including but not limited to sensitivity to cultural diversity, patient care, patients' rights and ethical treatment, safety and security of physical environments, emergency management, teamwork, respect for others, participation in ongoing education and training, communication and adherence to safety and quality programs, sustaining compliance with National Patient Safety Goals, and licensure and health screenings.
Must perform all duties and responsibilities in accordance with the Service Standards of the Hospital(s).
• Manages business intelligence technologies providing intuitive information delivery services. Leads technical discussions impacting solutions and technology.
• Performs hands-on work (analysis, design and development of reporting dashboards and reports) to deliver solutions in business intelligence platforms.
• Leads business analysts in a matrix environment, advises on best practices, provides technical expertise, and supports them on BI & analytics projects.
• Serves as a subject matter expert of BI and architectural principles of data warehousing. Acts as a primary point of contact and resource for users and other departments to resolve BI related issues.
• Creates a robust, scalable, sustainable architecture that supports requirements and provides for expansion given budgetary constraints and availability of data and skilled resources.
• Works with many business units, from business analysts to high level executives, and also manage vendors.
• Creates and maintains processes and procedures to assure accurate and timely analysis of projects and data across multiple reports and sources.
• Conducts design sessions with key technical and business analysts on Business Intelligence (BI)/Data Warehouse (DW) and provides strategic technical direction.
• Create technical project plans and staffing models.
• Defines and ensures standards for technology and business process are established.
• Performs database administration functions including development and design of database strategies, monitoring and improving database performance and capacity, and planning for future expansion requirements.
• Performs physical data modeling and semantic data modeling.
• Plans, coordinates and implements security measures to safeguard data in accordance with the security policies set forth by the organization.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in a work-related discipline/field from an accredited college or University
- Experience: Five (5) years of progressively responsible and directly related work experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
These are the observable and measurable attributes and skills required to perform successfully the essential functions of the job and are generally demonstrated through qualifying experience, education, or licensure/certification.
• Ability to translate high level requirements into design.
• Ability to identify and redress data quality and inconsistency issues.
• Knowledge in all aspects of Business Intelligence/Data Warehousing.
• Ability to research and interpret relevant regulations, guidelines, and standards
• Ability to speak and write effectively at a level appropriate for the job
• Ability to strategize, plan and implement change
• Ability to supervise, coach, mentor, train, and evaluate work results
• Knowledge of new technologies (in specific field) and maintain and stay abreast of updates and changes
• Knowledge of principles and practices of organization, administration, fiscal and personnel management
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
The Physical Requirements and Working Conditions in which the job is typically performed are available from the Occupational Health Department. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Equal Opportunity Employer