Clinical Nurse I - RN New Graduate Residency Program
New Graduate RN Residency Program
Program Start Date: March 23, 2020
Application deadline: November 1st, 2019
At Stanford Children’s Health, we know world-renowned care begins with world-class caring. That's why we combine advanced technologies and breakthrough discoveries with family-centered care. It's why we provide our caregivers with continuing education and state-of-the-art facilities, like the newly remodeled Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford. And it's why we need caring, committed people on our team - like you. Join us on our mission to heal humanity, one child and family at a time.
At Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital Stanford, an internationally recognized pediatric and obstetric facility in Palo Alto, California, we have partnered with Vizient to develop our RN New Graduate Residency based on the Vizient/AACN Nurse Residency Program model. This unique program goes beyond the traditional new graduate program by providing a comprehensive evidenced-based transition that prepares new graduate nurses for a highly complex and fast-paced patient care environment. This is a one-year RN New Graduate Residency, which will provide you with a supportive network of senior nurses, preceptors, and debriefing sessions to help augment your academic education with professional, clinical experience. Beyond one-on-one guided clinical experience with a preceptor, classes and simulation-based education, this unique residency offers supportive self-care/debriefing groups and nursing leadership experiences.
Submission of ALL documentation for the 2020 LPCHS RN Residency Program, which includes:
• No paid RN work experience.
• GRADUATE from a BSN or MSN program accredited by the NLNAC (National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission) or CCNE (Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education), with graduation dates from 12/01/2018 and 12/31/2019.
• Two (2) "wet" and/or electronically signed reference letters from the School of Nursing Clinical Faculty or Preceptor on a school and/or hospital letterhead. (Max. 3)
• Most recent unofficial transcripts, as well as transfer transcripts (if applicable).
• Cover letter indicating why you want to join Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital Stanford and what your first and second choice of nursing area are you most interested in (Pediatric Acute Care (Medical Surgical, Cardiac), Pediatric Critical Care ( CVICU and PICU), Neonatal, Labor & Delivery, Maternity, Intermediate Care Nursery or Other (please specify).
• Download and complete the Clinical Hours Table with your clinical rotation/ preceptor ship information.
• Willingness to complete a one-year Residency Program, with no interruptions.
• Graduates of online or distance nursing programs are not accepted.
Required: Current California RN license by February 14, 2020.
Current BLS certification issued by the American Heart Association, valid through the end of the RN Residency Program.
For more information on the RN Residency Program please click on the link below. Also, on the page there will be a link for FAQs that can help you during the application process.
If you are still experiencing difficulties applying or have any questions, please email Danielle Li at email@example.com . In the subject line, please put the word “RN Residency Application Technical Difficulties" and include your resume, transcripts and letters of recommendation with the email. Please make sure to include your contact information. We will reach out to you within 1-3 business days.
Equal Opportunity Employer