Instructional Designer (IT) - (1.0 FTE, Days)
This job posting is no longer active
1.0 FTE, 8 Hour Day Shift
At Stanford Children’s Health, we know world-renowned care begins with world-class caring. That's why we combine advanced technologies and breakthrough discoveries with family-centered care. It's why we provide our caregivers with continuing education and state-of-the-art facilities, like the newly remodeled Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford. And it's why we need caring, committed people on our team - like you. Join us on our mission to heal humanity, one child and family at a time
This paragraph summarizes the general nature, level and purpose of the job.
The Instructional Designer works with department leadership and providers of all specialties to determine Epic EHR training needs and goals, using a variety of educational media to design and develop state-of-the-art training programs for designated audiences. The Instructional Designer is responsible for analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation of training curriculum. The person in this position will write and edit instructional material such as Epic new hire training, train-the-trainer courses, tip sheets, how-to guides, and other documents for various Stanford Children's audiences. This person will need to understand adult learning theory and be familiar with Epic Care Inpatient Clinical Documentation as well as Orders environment build.
The essential functions listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Employees must abide by all Joint Commission Requirements including but not limited to sensitivity to cultural diversity, patient care, patient rights and ethical treatment, safety and security of physical environments, emergency management, teamwork, respect for others, participation in ongoing education and training, communication and adherence to safety and quality programs, sustaining compliance with National Patient Safety Goals, and licensure and health screenings.
Must perform all duties and responsibilities in accordance with the Service Standards of the Hospital(s).
* Create simple, clear and effective communication and documentation. Explain complex topics in direct language that is engaging, to-the-point, and applicable to the delivery medium.
* Schedule and conduct classroom, WebEx, blended, remote 1:1, and in-person 1:1 training. Round regularly throughout all Stanford Children’s departments and practices to assess training needs and provide user support.
* Manage a variety of training projects and drive to completion. Develop project timelines, identify milestones, barriers and dependencies. Allocate resources and establish deliverables. Identify, collaborate with and update relevant stakeholders. Keep project on track and mitigate obstacles, problems, and issues.
* Responsible for participating in workflow and system optimization initiatives, as determined by management, to help the end users gain the expertise necessary for success.
* Staff the Clinical Service Desk phone line at least one day per week. Provide first call resolution for Epic how-to questions, transfer and escalate issues as appropriate, and document all transactions in IS ticketing system.
* Develop scenario-based education, web-based micro learning, and video snippets to increase learner engagement and motivation.
* Maintain and update existing library of e-Learning materials. Coordinate with subject matter experts to validate training content and materials.
* Research, gather data, and repurpose existing material as appropriate. Rewrite, summarize, reorganize, and enhance to create the most effective documents and performance support tools to meet business needs.
* Create and maintain document libraries on SharePoint and network drives. Maintain knowledge of copyright law and usage rights for written materials, images, etc.
* Develop and conduct user evaluations to collect data on training effectiveness, including transfer and retention, and provide suggestions for improvements.
* Captures and documents end-user issues to accurately assist to define and troubleshoot, resolve, escalate issues in collaboration with training and application team members.
* Identifies additional training needs for end users as well as opportunities for system improvements, and communicate observations to training and application team members.
* Participate in Master Train environment build, including creation of master patients, patient duplication, testing, and training environment prep.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in a work-related discipline/field from an accredited college or university.Experience: Two (2) years of progressively responsible and directly related work experience.
- Licenses/Certifications: Clin Doc, Orders, Ambulatory Certifications preferred or willingness to obtain within 6 months of hire.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
These are the observable and measurable attributes and skills required to perform successfully the essential functions of the job and are generally demonstrated through qualifying experience, education, or licensure/certification.
* Ability to be sensitive to the needs of customers through the practice of quality service principles
* Ability to communicate complex concepts in simple form to cross-functional departments or teams
* Ability to lead teams and produce project results within schedule and budget
* Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, work independently and meet deadlines
* Ability to provide a high level of customer service and collaboration with various stakeholders
* Ability to work effectively as a team player
* Ability to speak, read, write, and understand English effectively at a level appropriate for the safe and effective performance of the job.
* Knowledge of workflows, computer systems and software used in functional area to include experience with Epic Orders and Optime Applications
* Desire to cross-train in other functional areas of Epic EHR system.
Equal Opportunity Employer