Service Delivery Manager (1.0 FTE, Days)
1.0 FTE, 8 Hour Day Shift
At Stanford Children’s Health, we know world-renowned care begins with world-class caring. That's why we combine advanced technologies and breakthrough discoveries with family-centered care. It's why we provide our caregivers with continuing education and state-of-the-art facilities, like the newly remodeled Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford. And it's why we need caring, committed people on our team - like you. Join us on our mission to heal humanity, one child and family at a time.
This paragraph summarizes the general nature, level and purpose of the job.
The Service Deliver Manager will have overall responsibility and will be a lead facilitator for the delivery, management and improvement of IT Services to support the company’s business and meet business and user needs, using a set of well-defined best practices. This position will partner with business and technology team and manage a project team to prioritize meet technology commitments, leveraging technology service models (such as managed services, shared services, center of excellence (COE) services, infrastructure services). Leverages expert knowledge in assigned area(s) to manage technology and operational delivery.
The essential functions listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Employees must abide by all Joint Commission Requirements including but not limited to sensitivity to cultural diversity, patient care, patient rights and ethical treatment, safety and security of physical environments, emergency management, teamwork, respect for others, participation in ongoing education and training, communication and adherence to safety and quality programs, sustaining compliance with National Patient Safety Goals, and licensure and health screenings.
Must perform all duties and responsibilities in accordance with the hospital’s policies and procedures, including its Service Standards and its Code of Conduct.
- Partners with Business to prioritize technology needs and meets commitments. Manages the timely planning and execution of technology projects and ensure corporate guidelines are properly followed.
- Recommends, implements and measures the effectiveness of service models, leveraged as solutions to meeting business needs. Service models include managed services, shared services, COE services, infrastructure services.
- Assesses quality of delivery and time commitments. Recommends strategies for improvement, including continuous improvements and leading best practices programs.
- Contributes directly to the strategy, development and quality of IT Service Management (ITSM) and the company’s service delivery capability and ITSM awareness.
- Owns specific IT Services projects and ensure their effective delivery, management and improvement to meet company needs.
- Identifies and resolves issues related to the performance of the services and/or deviations from defined scope of work. Formulate and implement corrective actions.
- Provides data to metrics and reporting unit for relevant report generation. Provides timely updates on the status and budget of on-going projects and agreements.
- Coordinates and administers team assignments, monitor team progress, and maintain schedules.
- Works within the IT management structure to provide thought leadership on ITSM and ITIL process development, the current position, roadmap and strategic direction.
- Responsible for creating and promoting processes, methodologies, tools and teamwork to ensure effective service delivery.
- Manages complex customer requirements for service delivery while ensuring continuity and standardization within the service.
- Create business requirements, including business rules, quality attributes, performance goals, external interfaces and constraints.
- Assists with feasibility studies of enhancement requests, identifies options and recommends an IT solution.
- Responsible for service scheduling, escalation and client satisfaction.
- Identify trends and develop strategies to support these trends.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Business Administration from an accredited college or university
- Experience: Eight (8) years of progressively responsible and directly related work experience
- License/Certification: None required.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
These are the observable and measurable attributes and skills required to perform successfully the essential functions of the job and are generally demonstrated through qualifying experience, education, or licensure/certification.
- Significant understanding and experience working with multiple computer platforms (ie: Unix, Windows, virtualization, etc), networks and storage.
- Basic understanding of database and middleware products is a plus
- Experience working in production support organization in large datacenter environment.
- Strong people management skills.
- Strong Service Delivery Management and partnering skills.
- Experience in Vendor and Client Management.
- Experience managing and writing standards and procedures for Incident, Problem and Change management.
- Experience with stakeholder management including strong presence representing the team’s position.
- Strong written and communications skills.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and work under pressure in high stress situations.
- Methodical, concise and accurate, with strong attention to detail.
- Result-oriented and assertive leader with deep understanding of value driven results.
- Ability to develop, build, and maintain effective, ongoing relationships with clients, staff and management.
Preferred to have certifications:
- ITIL Certification
- Microsoft Project Certification
Equal Opportunity Employer