Release Of Information Analyst (1.0 FTE, Days)
1.0 FTE, 8 Hour Day Shift
At Stanford Children’s Health, we know world-renowned care begins with world-class caring. That's why we combine advanced technologies and breakthrough discoveries with family-centered care. It's why we provide our caregivers with continuing education and state-of-the-art facilities, like the newly remodeled Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford. And it's why we need caring, committed people on our team - like you. Join us on our mission to heal humanity, one child and family at a time.
Release of Information Analyst prepares, documents, processes and completes medical records request for information in accordance with state, federal and hospital guidelines. Collects and processes funds collected by the Health Information Medical Services (HIMS) department for records processed. Receives and answers all Release of Information questions and its processes.
• Creates and sends out invoices for ROI requests. Prepares funds collected to be sent to Finance Department.
• Logs and invoices release of information (ROI) requests into the system.
• Prints, assembles and returns patient records.
• Processes death certificates.
• Processes release of information from a multitude of sources regarding all aspects of the medical record and its release in accordance with HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) and organizations rules and regulations to external customers, such as physicians, attorneys, insurance, patients, etc.
• Utilizes various methods (i.e. cross match signatures, verifies patient identification, consent forms and agreements) to verify information in the medical record to determine the appropriate required action. Validates requestor identification (i.e. patient, hospital or physician).
• Works closely with other members of the organization to obtain necessary information to process ROI requests.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Education: High School diploma or GED equivalent.
Experience: Two (2) years of progressively responsible and directly related work experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to maintain a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential information.
• Ability to operate office equipment such as copier, fax and scanner machines.
• Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, work independently and meet deadlines.
• Ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
• Ability to work efficiently and accurately under time pressure.
• Knowledge of computer systems and software used in functional area.
• Skills: Proficient data entry and typing skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer