Credentialed Trainer (IT) - (1.0 FTE, Days)
1.0 FTE, 8 Hour Day Shift
At Stanford Children’s Health, we know world-renowned care begins with world-class caring. That's why we combine advanced technologies and breakthrough discoveries with family-centered care. It's why we provide our caregivers with continuing education and state-of-the-art facilities, like the newly remodeled Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford. And it's why we need caring, committed people on our team - like you. Join us on our mission to heal humanity, one child and family at a time.
This paragraph summarizes the general nature, level and purpose of the job.
The Credentialed Trainer is responsible for delivering end-user training for physicians, other clinicians, and non-clinical staff to develop competence in the use of clinical and business information systems and other computer software applications for various clinical areas and departments within the hospital and clinics. The Credentialed Trainer will also assist in creation and validation of training tools which support the education of system users, and in measuring user competency as well as effectiveness of the training program.
- Assist in the development of educational tools relating to new computer applications, system updates, and other organizational goals and changes.
- Assist senior educators in developing or modifying curriculum, content and/or materials for training programs to meet the needs of end users.
- Deliver appropriate level of instruction and competence/evaluations required for each user.
- Collaborate with other educators, Informaticists/Analysts, Information Technology colleagues, and Subject Matter Experts in ensuring delivery of effective, accurate training to clinical and business professionals.
- Conduct, facilitate and evaluate effective computer information systems training using appropriate methodologies, strategies, and content for end users in assigned areas.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of workflow design and processes, and the important system functionality supporting the workflows.
- Successfully obtain and maintain “Credentialed” level of expertise in Epic based presentation(s) and competency exam(s).
- Apply knowledge of adult learning theory and flexibility in training techniques which reach audiences of varied backgrounds and learning styles
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Education: Bachelor's degree in a work-related discipline/field from an accredited college or university
Experience: One (1) year of progressively responsible and directly related work experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
These are the observable and measurable attributes and skills required to perform successfully the essential functions of the job and are generally demonstrated through qualifying experience, education, or licensure/certification.
- Ability to solve problems and identify solutions.
- Ability to speak, read, write, and understand English effectively at a level appropriate for the safe and effective performance of the job.
- Excellent training delivery and engagement skills.
- Knowledge of principles and methods of adult learning and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effectiveness.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve routine training problems.
- Ability and desire to develop training for specialized and advanced technology problems.
- Ability to establish a set of tasks and activities associated with an intended outcome and timeline.
- Ability to take action consistent with available facts, constraints, and anticipated consequences.
- Ability to use appropriate interpersonal skills to give information to and receive information from coworkers and clients in a tactfully and professional manner.
- Ability to use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions and/or reaching conclusions.
- Ability to persuade and influence potentially resistant learners and successfully gain cooperation.
- Solid Microsoft Office skills and project coordination/ management skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer