Data Entry Clerk - Renal Dialysis-Peritoneal ( 0.6FTE, Days )
This job posting is no longer active
Finance & Accounting
0.6FTE, 8-hour Day Shift
At Stanford Children’s Health, we know world-renowned care begins with world-class caring. That's why we combine advanced technologies and breakthrough discoveries with family-centered care. It's why we provide our caregivers with continuing education and state-of-the-art facilities, like the newly remodeled Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford. And it's why we need caring, committed people on our team - like you. Join us on our mission to heal humanity, one child and family at a time.
Participate in the performance of a variety of duties involved in collecting and entering data into a desktop computer according to programmed instructions and in accordance with established departmental procedures; verify and distribute resultant printouts as required. Assist with various routine activities within the Controller’s Office as necessary.
• Participate in the performance of a variety of duties involved in collecting and entering data into a computer according to programmed instructions; verify and distribute resultant printouts as required.
• Coordinate the collection of data from point of origin; participate in the preprocessing of data to locate missing information and to make corrections as necessary.
• Verify data entered into computer by checking printouts for errors and correcting as required; perform statistical checks to ascertain accuracy of data entered.
• Monitor the system for malfunctions; report malfunctions to appropriate personnel.
• Assist in data collection and compilation for revisions to the data processing system.
• Verify accuracy, validity and completion of transcribed data by computer verification, proofreading computer display or printout, or other applicable methods; make corrections as necessary. Compile reports from existing records; assist with special projects by searching computer files and gathering records as requested.
• Maintain associated logs and records in accordance with established priorities and procedures.
• Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Education: General education background normally equivalent to a high school education
Experience: Experience in a business or office environment desirable.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Work requires six months of clerical experience to acquire skills necessary to perform routine data entry activities.
• Proficient in use of personal computers and related software.
• General office skills, including proficiency using keyboard 10-key.
• Preferred keyboard 10-key speed of 8,000 accurate keystrokes per hour may be required.
Equal Opportunity Employer