Manager - End User Services (1.0 FTE, Days)
1.0 FTE, 8 Hour Days
At Stanford Children’s Health, we know world-renowned care begins with world-class caring. That's why we combine advanced technologies and breakthrough discoveries with family-centered care. It's why we provide our caregivers with continuing education and state-of-the-art facilities, like the newly remodeled Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford. And it's why we need caring, committed people on our team - like you. Join us on our mission to heal humanity, one child and family at a time.
This paragraph summarizes the general nature, level and purpose of the job.
The Manager will lead and manage the delivery of high-quality deployment of End User services provided to users throughout the Stanford Children’s Health campus and off campus (Ambulatory and Clinics) locations. Key responsibilities include, analysis of support requests to determine potential improvements to service delivery, manage allocation of resources to ensure effective delivery of services to customers and manage large-scale rollouts of new technologies or upgrades. Additional responsibilities include developing short and long-term strategies to improve service offerings, development of user self service capabilities, development and management of financial plans and assigned budget for End User Support Services, developing detailed project plans for key projects, oversight of hardware and software inventory, development of multi-year technology refresh plans, comprehensive testing of new products in preparation for rollout, and development of service request reports for distribution.
The essential functions listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Employees must abide by all Joint Commission Requirements including but not limited to sensitivity to cultural diversity, patient care, patient rights and ethical treatment, safety and security of physical environments, emergency management, teamwork, respect for others, participation in ongoing education and training, communication and adherence to safety and quality programs, sustaining compliance with National Patient Safety Goals, and licensure and health screenings.
Must perform all duties and responsibilities in accordance with the Service Standards of the Hospital(s).
- Defines End User project delivery process, procedures and best practices
- Ensures the proactive delivery of effective and efficient services to departments and users
- Manage and develop staff to excel in department and individual objectives; provide staff with a clear sense of direction and purpose; communicate effectively and timely with staff; regularly utilize a variety of recognition tools and programs.
- Manage innovation efforts to introduce transformational products, services and processes to the customer base.
- Develop and implement innovative initiatives aimed at improving the customer experience.
- Design and implement road map and infrastructure needed to drive growth and operational success.
- Manager and maintain a detailed budget for department
- Meet with representatives from user departments to identify needs and assist in the coordination of Information Services with these projects.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Computer Science or related field
- Experience: Five (5) years of progressively responsible directly related work experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
These are the observable and measurable attributes and skills required to perform successfully the essential functions of the job and are generally demonstrated through qualifying experience, education, or licensure/certification.
- Skill to develop and expand customer focused technology solutions.
- Knowledge of fiscal matters including budget development, forecasting and variance analysis.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective professional relationships with internal colleagues and business partners.
- Knowledge of program and project management methodologies and tools; track record of success in managing Information Services projects; effective problem solving abilities; motivated to develop creative solutions to common processes or problems.
- Ability to develop project plans, resource requirements and project cost estimates; ability to deliver projects within budget.
- Ability to conduct research into emerging technologies and applying research to business; skilled in comprehensive testing of new technologies to ensure problem free deployment to users.
- Knowledge of written communication skills to work effectively with technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization; ability to use Standard English grammar and punctuation.
- Knowledge of ServiceNow.
- Knowledgeable in Help Desk and End User Operations, Service Management, and customer service and support.
- Ability to create, develop and execute key business strategies and initiatives.
- Ability to define, plan and implement new policies and procedures.
- Ability to understand and leverage technology teams to improve processes, systems and maximize resources.
- Ability to be creative, innovative and flexible in responding to rapidly changing needs and priorities.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
The Physical Requirements and Working Conditions in which the job is typically performed are available from the Occupational Health Department. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Equal Opportunity Employer