Sr. Compensation Specialist - (1.0 FTE, Days - 1 year Fixed Term)
1.0 FTE, 8 Hour Day Shift, 1 Year Fixed Term
At Stanford Children’s Health, we know world-renowned care begins with world-class caring. That's why we combine advanced technologies and breakthrough discoveries with family-centered care. It's why we provide our caregivers with continuing education and state-of-the-art facilities, like the newly remodeled Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford. And it's why we need caring, committed people on our team - like you. Join us on our mission to heal humanity, one child and family at a time.
The Sr. Compensation Specialist provides guidance to HR business partners and hospital management in the interpretation and administration of complex compensation programs and policies. Conducts extensive analysis of program features relative to costs, operational effectiveness, market competitiveness, internal equity, local/state/federal requirements and impact and value to the organization and employees. Plans, develops and manages the implementation of major compensation projects and programs such as base pay architecture, variable pay, projects annual salary costs and conducts data analysis for union negotiations.
- Conducts job audits to determine essential job duties and minimum requirements; evaluates the organizational structure, employee utilization and internal/external benchmark comparators and makes a recommendation as to the appropriate pay range for the position.
- Develops written analysis and recommendations for new or changing Director Level and above positions that require additional review/approval for participation in the Annual Incentive Pay Program, etc.
- Investigates and resolves a wide range of sensitive and/or complex Compensation issues related to wage and salary administration, pay equity, pay competitiveness, job classifications, FLSA designation, etc. requiring broad compensation expertise..
- Leads departmental projects or change management initiatives such as the introduction of new systems or applications, the development or re-engineering of Compensation programs, design of new salary structures.
- Plans and develops special studies for department heads related to pay competitiveness and job classification consistency including development of salary survey strategy for data collection and analysis and auditing of jobs within or across departments.
- Plans and implementation of annual compensation programs such as the annual merit focal review and Annual Incentive Pay program.
- Plans, develops, communicates, and implements Compensation programs. Consults with all levels of staff management on the administration and interpretation of Compensation programs, policies and procedures, and legal requirements.
- Prepares statistical data, reports, and presentations concerning Compensation activities, program results, or in support of other HR functions (e.g. Employee Labor & Relations).
- Writes new job descriptions following audits and/or modifies existing descriptions to reflect changes and provides advice to managers and staff on compensation related changes concerning department reorganizations, employee utilization, classification of employees, and promotions.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Education: Bachelor's degree in a work-related discipline/field from an accredited college or university
Experience: Four (4) years of progressively responsible and directly related work experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to apply judgment and make sound decisions.
- Ability to conduct analysis and formulate conclusions.
- Ability to design new programs and lead process improvement projects.
- Ability to foster effective working relationships and build consensus.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, work independently and meet deadlines.
- Ability to solve problems and identify solutions.
- Ability to work effectively both as a team player and leader.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of local, state and federal regulatory requirements related to areas of functional responsibility and HR.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of compensation programs and processes such as market analysis and structure development; job analysis and development, incentive pay programs, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer