Senior Microsoft System Administrator (1.0 FTE, Days)
1.0 FTE, 8 Hour Day Shift
At Stanford Children’s Health, we know world-renowned care begins with world-class caring. That's why we combine advanced technologies and breakthrough discoveries with family-centered care. It's why we provide our caregivers with continuing education and state-of-the-art facilities, like the newly remodeled Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford. And it's why we need caring, committed people on our team - like you. Join us on our mission to heal humanity, one child and family at a time.
This paragraph summarizes the general nature, level and purpose of the job.
The Sr. Microsoft System Administrator is a member of the Windows Infrastructure team and is primarily responsible for the design and configuration of Microsoft environment which includes but no limited to, Azure, O365, Active Directory, Exchange, and Windows Servers. Designs and implements a strategy for a long-term scalable, secure, and supportable Microsoft Ecosystem architecture, appropriate to the Organization's business model. Provides expert system knowledge and mentors and train other staff. Participates in developing business cases for new systems. Participate in planning, development, and implementation of upgrades, new modules, and related applications. Act as a subject matter expert and primary technical contact for all Microsoft Systems Administration and related processes.
The essential functions listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Employees must abide by all Joint Commission Requirements including but not limited to sensitivity to cultural diversity, patient care, patient rights and ethical treatment, safety and security of physical environments, emergency management, teamwork, respect for others, participation in ongoing education and training, communication and adherence to safety and quality programs, sustaining compliance with National Patient Safety Goals, and licensure and health screenings.
Must perform all duties and responsibilities in accordance with the hospital’s policies and procedures, including its Service Standards and its Code of Conduct.
- Leads the design, configuration, deployment, and maintenance of Windows/Active Directory (i.e. 2008, 2012, 2016) with environment specific hypervisors
- Designs and architects a global Active Directory Infrastructure, including, design and implementation of Group Policies, DNS and domain consolidation.
- Plans and executes Active Directory Domain level upgrades Support integration and authentication projects for 3rd party vendor solutions, SSO, and cloud hosting.
- Provides expertise in designing and architecting domain consolidation projects.
- Participates in business case development, project sizing, design and implementation.
- Develops and implements project plans, risk assessments and contingency plans
- Owns and leads discussions in business and technical information technology solution implementations, upgrades, and enhancements. Recommends solutions as appropriate.
- Performs gap analysis to determine where current infrastructure does not meet client/organizational needs and propose appropriate improvements.
- Researches best practices and brings forward new and innovative solutions. Provides thought-leadership in establishing, driving, and directing a robust and innovative strategy aligned with the company's business and productivity goals.
- Works with end users to resolve on-going issues.
- Investigates and resolves complex technical issues.
- Escalates issues and concerns to manager using escalation process and techniques.
- Recognizes patterns in reported incidents, diagnoses underlying root causes and devises timely and effective resolutions.
- Resolves Sev1 and Sev2 calls as required.
- Serves as an expert resource to the team educating and leading the team in learning new technologies via mentoring.
- Works with stakeholders and other technical teams to collect business and technical requirements and design / deliver enterprise level solutions.
- Creates and updates technical documentation of operating procedures as needed.
- Maintains standards for installation of infrastructure software / hardware installations.
- Manages Active Directory domain controllers and creates and modifies Active Directory, GPOs and Local Group Policy.
- Manages Microsoft cloud infrastructure and applications, such as Azure infrastructure, O365 (Teams, Onedrive, Intune, Conditional Assess, etc.).
- Performs all duties of windows systems administrator including all On-prem and Cloud infrastructure and applications.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
- Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Information Systems/Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field or equivalent education and experience.
- Experience: Eight (8) years of directly related work experience in managing Windows AD environment, Exchange Hybrid Environment, and Microsoft Cloud environment.
- License/Certification: (MCSA) Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate - Windows Server Certification is required. (MCSA: Windows Server 2012 -OR- MCSA: Windows Server 2016).
Microsoft 365 Fundamentals (Exam MS-900).
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
These are the observable and measurable attributes and skills required to perform successfully the essential functions of the job and are generally demonstrated through qualifying experience, education, or licensure/certification.
- Knowledge in system security standards, benchmarks and security bulletins
- Knowledge of Windows fundamentals and concepts advanced scripting with the PowerShell/other tools
- Knowledge of System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) 2012 - 1602 experience - Build, Deployment, Patching, Asset management experience, Configuration and management
- Knowledge of Azure infrastructure, Office 365 ecosystem, Intune, Teams, and cloud technologies. Design, build and deployment with cloud tools is preferred
- Knowledge in general IT and Data Center infrastructure.
- Knowledge in basic TCP/IP, DNS, AD/LDAP and working knowledge of technologies such as NTP, TCP/IP, FCIP, iSCSI, SAN, NAS
- Working knowledge of server hardware from major vendor like HPE Rack/Blade servers
- Knowledge of network and server security
- Ability to develop business cases for new technology solutions.
- Ability to lead and communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to manage projects.
- Ability to plan strategically both long-term and short-term.
- Ability to work effectively with and manage vendors.
The Physical Requirements and Working Conditions in which the job is typically performed are available from the Occupational Health Department. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job
Equal Opportunity Employer