IT Project Mgr (1.0 FTE, Days)
1.0 FTE, 8 Hour Day Shift
This paragraph summarizes the general nature, level and purpose of the job.
The IT Technical Project Manager under general direction of Leadership is responsible for developing, closing and managing all aspects of a unit/department's IT projects. The incumbent integrates user needs, collaborates with Technical Teams, makes assessment, develop and implements project plans. Scope of the role includes working with a project team that may include physicians, clinic staff, and other staff associated with an IT project from a unit or department. The incumbent manages IT projects and assists Project Managers and Directors on IT projects such as systems selection, design, build, testing, training, activation and post activation activities.
- Technical Project Manager will work closely with business, leadership and dedicated team of software engineers, business analysts and architects to build industry standard web applications and business systems
- The Project Manager will have prior experience with vendor management and product evaluations and RFP process
- Proven technical knowledge to take a project from inception to implementation
- Experience working with engineering and operations teams including Networking, Firewall, Server Administration, Enterprise Architect, Security and others
- Right candidate will bring a mix of experience with web technologies and project management
- Experience and knowledge of managing projects related to digital transformation initiative including robotic process automation (RPA)
- Positive attitude to roll-up sleeves and collaborate to design, build and test the technical solutions
- Desired to have experience with JIRA, Service Now, Microsoft Project
The essential functions listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Employees must abide by all Joint Commission Requirements including but not limited to sensitivity to cultural diversity, patient care, patient rights and ethical treatment, safety and security of physical environments, emergency management, teamwork, respect for others, participation in ongoing education and training, communication and adherence to safety and quality programs, sustaining compliance with National Patient Safety Goals, and licensure and health screenings.
Must perform all duties and responsibilities in accordance with the hospital’s policies and procedures, including its Service Standards and its Code of Conduct.
* Assures smooth turnover of projects both at the initiation as well as the conclusion to users.
* Collaborates with User Groups to maintain an ongoing understanding of business issues and needs.
* Coordinates with and direct third party vendors.
* Creates project organizational structure and team composition; facilitate communication between project team members on deliverables.
* Determines project scope and deliverables, sets project expectations; develops and manages project plans e.g., identification of user requirements, analysis and design, buy/ proposals, contract negotiations, risk assessment, specification development, development and implementation, installation, configuration, testing, training, documentation, policy and procedure development, issue resolution, marketing and go-live customer support.
* Develops training, testing, and security plans to meet defined business requirements working with the appropriate business owners or authority.
* Monitors project schedule and budget; facilitates discussions on the assessment, documentation, and recommendations on business process flow to achieve project objectives.
* Works with users to identify and assess organizational strategies and systems/applications that meet operational needs.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
* Education: Bachelor's degree in a work-related field/discipline from an accredited college or university.
* Experience: Five (5) years of progressively responsible and directly related work experience.
* License/Certification: None required.
* Strong knowledge of devops and agile methodology to lead and manage multiple organization initiatives.
*Strong knowledge and prior experience of managing cloud implementations of Web applications, ERP migrations to the cloud.
*Prior experience of working with governance teams and providing support to leadership with key presentations and roadmap updates for steering committee.
*Prior experience of working with Leadership to provide the needed modeling to solve strategic, operational, and business needs within Web Services and Business Systems.
*Experience working with healthcare systems related applications pertaining to Patient Care Services, HR, Finance, Payroll and Marketing.
*Ability to dive deep into both technical details and business needs.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
These are the observable and measurable attributes and skills required to perform successfully the essential functions of the job and are generally demonstrated through qualifying experience, education, or licensure/certification.
* Ability to foster effective working relationships and build consensus.
* Ability to research and interpret relevant regulations, guidelines, and standards.
* Ability to speak and write effectively at a level appropriate for the job.
* Ability to strategize, plan and implement change.
* Ability to supervise, coach, mentor, train, and evaluate work results.
* Knowledge and understanding of needs, goals, deliverables and interdependencies of various functional groups and departments in a health care environment.
* Knowledge in one of the Cloud platforms - Microsoft Azure, AWS, Google, Workday, Oracle, SAP
* Knowledge in managing projects related to Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence Conversation Technologies, and Predictive Analytics
* Knowledge and understanding of technical disciplines including programmers, systems analyst, and networking in a healthcare environment involving multiple applications and interfaces.
* Knowledge and understanding of the integration of information systems with specific organizational business needs and plans.
* Knowledge of new technologies (in specific field) and maintain and stay abreast of updates and changes.
* Knowledge of PC applications (MS Office and MS Project) and the ability to write reports.
* Knowledge of principles and practices of organization, administration, fiscal and personnel management.
The Physical Requirements and Working Conditions in which the job is typically performed are available from the Occupational Health Department. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job
Equal Opportunity Employer