Manager - IT Application Services - Portals & Ambulatory (1.0 FTE, Days)
IS-Ambulatory EMR Services
1 FTE, 8 Hour Days
At Stanford Children’s Health, we know world-renowned care begins with world-class caring. That's why we combine advanced technologies and breakthrough discoveries with family-centered care. It's why we provide our caregivers with continuing education and state-of-the-art facilities, like the newly remodeled Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford. And it's why we need caring, committed people on our team - like you. Join us on our mission to heal humanity, one child and family at a time
The Manager of IT Application provides service support to the user community on technology products, systems. The scope of the job includes analyzing user needs, identifying technology issues within the user community, implementing new or upgraded products or services and managing a staff of Programmers, Analysts and Customer Service Representatives.
- Responsible for configuration and support of patient and provider facing applications MyChart (EPIC Patient Portal) and MDPortal (Epic Care Link).
- Champion for all projects in portals portfolio, lead optimization initiatives, facilitate communication with impacted stakeholders, develop resources, and manage the day-to-day activities of the portals team.
- Collaborates and communicates with operational stakeholders, end users and other IT staff to prioritize projects and optimization initiatives and to identify priority request/issues with organizational impact.
- Manages and coordinates application issues with primary application and support vendors, such as Epic.
- Manages and oversees the planning, designing, implementing, and documenting of all system upgrades to existing applications or application issues. Oversees development and implementation of new functionalities as they are released by the vendor.
- Deploys strategies and seeks out opportunities to improve customer service, reduce costs related to work processes and enhance vendor and consulting relationships.
- Provides recommendations, information, and guidance to leadership on new applications and/or enhancements to improve patient experience and productivity.
- Manages the development and implementation of all systems to ensure execution of strategies and goals.
- Manages the daily operations of assigned teams and is responsible for human resource activities, budgeting, recruiting, hiring, overall portfolio management, and staff supervision. Provides integrated focus and direction to staff based upon the assignment of clearly defined tasks, due dates, and deliverable / outcome expectations.
- Supports the Application Services Director as it relates to improving organizational structure, roles, responsibilities, staffing and the administration of the team, with the preparation of the annual IT operating and capital budgets.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Education: Bachelor's degree in a work-related discipline/field from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Five (5) years of progressively responsible and directly related work experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to foster effective working relationships and build consensus.
- Ability to research and interpret relevant regulations, guidelines, and standards.
- Ability to speak, read, write, and understand English effectively at a level appropriate for the safe and effective performance of the job.
- Ability to strategize, plan and implement change.
- Ability to supervise, coach, mentor, train, and evaluate work results.
- Knowledge and understanding of IT technical disciplines including programmers, systems analyst, and networking in a healthcare environment involving multiple applications and interfaces.
- Knowledge and understanding of needs, goals, deliverables and interdependencies of various functional groups and departments in a health care environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of the integration of information systems with specific organizational business needs and plans.
- Knowledge of new technologies (in specific field) and maintain and stay abreast of updates and changes.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of organization, administration, fiscal and personnel management.
Equal Opportunity Employer