Dietetic Assistant - Clinical Food Services - (0.8 FTE, Rotating)
United Health Workers
0.8 FTE, 8 Hour Day Shift
At Stanford Children’s Health, we know world-renowned care begins with world-class caring. That's why we combine advanced technologies and breakthrough discoveries with family-centered care. It's why we provide our caregivers with continuing education and state-of-the-art facilities, like the newly remodeled Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford. And it's why we need caring, committed people on our team - like you. Join us on our mission to heal humanity, one child and family at a time.
Under the direct supervision of the Food Services Managers and Supervisors, is responsible for processing patient’s diet order in corresponding computer program according to physician’s orders. Provide direct patient contact for delivering meal tray, formula, nourishments or other communications. Involved in training of new employees.
• Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to identify and process correct diets and portions for all age groups from pediatrics through elderly adults.
• Assess and interpret data about the patient’s status in order to identify age-specific needs and provide the care needed.
• Process patient diet orders and customer orders, including patient/family initiated orders and those patients needing assistance.
• Receive requests for diet changes or meal requests via phone, computer, fax; or written format during downtime. Follow standard procedures for all patient diets.
• Process orders for nourishments.
• Coordinate delivery of all tube feeding and oral supplement orders. Prepare and deliver formula according to physician diet order.
• Perform all work in a safe and sanitary manner.
• Maintain all workstations in a neat and organized manner.
• Performs other related and incidental duties as needed or assigned.
• Contributes to cost containment by managing time and supplies so that assignments are completed as scheduled and resources are not wasted.
Relationships with Others
Employees in this class have regular in-person contact with patients, visitors, clinical staff, and/or the public. Employees have occasional contact by telephone and in person with service representatives when equipment needs repairs.
Employees in this class receive general supervision from a manager or supervisor who assigns work verbally or through written instructions. Work is reviewed by observation on a daily basis to ensure work standards and procedures are followed, to check for adequate staffing, and to ensure conformance with safety and sanitation procedures. Employees in this class follow all regulatory requirements. Department and Hospital policies and procedures are also followed when performing the work.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Education: High School Diploma or GED equivalent. Nutrition background or degree preferred
Experience: 1 year customer service and/or call center experience
License/Certification: None required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
These are the observable and measurable attributes and skills required to perform successfully the essential functions of the job and are generally demonstrated through qualifying experience, education, or licensure/certification.
• Knowledge of automated information system is required.
• Ability to conduct routine calculations, read and understand physicians’ orders, communicate effectively both orally and in writing, and write legibly
• Ability to speak, read, write, and understand English effectively at a level appropriate for the safe and effective performance of the job.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
The Physical Requirements and Working Conditions in which the job is typically performed are available from the Occupational Health Department. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Equal Opportunity Employer