HR Solutions Consultant (Senior HR Generalist -1.0 FTE, Days)
1.0 FTE, 8 Hour Day Shift
At Stanford Children’s Health, we know world-renowned care begins with world-class caring. That's why we combine advanced technologies and breakthrough discoveries with family-centered care. It's why we provide our caregivers with continuing education and state-of-the-art facilities, like the newly remodeled Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford. And it's why we need caring, committed people on our team - like you. Join us on our mission to heal humanity, one child and family at a time.
This paragraph summarizes the general nature, level and purpose of the job.
The HR Solutions Consultant performs journey level work and Employee Relations duties, including: performs intake of employee complaints and manager requests; provides guidance on corrective actions, provides interpretation and application guidance on policies and collective bargaining agreements, performs review of corrective action documents, and conducts research on a variety of issues; and other matters; records activities.
This position also carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: recruitment, onboarding, Employee Life Cycle transactions, training, performance management, policies and procedures implementation, and ensure compliance with federal and state employment laws.
The essential functions listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Employees must abide by all Joint Commission Requirements including but not limited to sensitivity to cultural diversity, patient care, patient rights and ethical treatment, safety and security of physical environments, emergency management, teamwork, respect for others, participation in ongoing education and training, communication and adherence to safety and quality programs, sustaining compliance with National Patient Safety Goals, and licensure and health screenings.
Must perform all duties and responsibilities in accordance with the hospital’s policies and procedures, including its Service Standards and its Code of Conduct.
• Serves as the main point of contact for HR Solutions Team and works jointly with HR business Partner Team on employee relations issues. Manages and resolves independently 1st level employee relations issues (i.e. disciplinary actions, performance issues, attendance, HIPAA incidents etc.)
• Handles policy escalations for the HR solutions team and reviews escalated matters with appropriate stakeholders. Acts as liaisons between 1st and 2nd level Customer support and HR Business Partners.
•Supports departments with employee relations, engagement, training and development and coordination of consistent companywide onboarding.
• Executes all HR solutions representative HR functions and involved in solving complex HR-related issues.
•Assesses issues escalated and performs advanced troubleshooting and independent research to resolve issues. Troubleshoots employees’ issues or concerns, including comprehensive investigations as needed, identify the root cause of the problem and uses tools and resources to determine how to resolve employee problems.
•Partners with HRBP and conducts discovery interviews. Assists as needed in investigations, researching complex cases, preparing corrective action documents, performance improvement plans, and preparing for employee conversations.
•Provides policy interpretation, reviews and advices on violations of rules, regulations, policies, and procedures. Follow up to calls and conducts investigations when needed.
• Partners effectively with HR Specialist groups [Centers of Excellence (COE's)] including Learning & Development, Employee and Labor Relations, Recruiting, HR Services, and Compensation to proactively identify opportunities and assess improvements to the employee experience.
• Consults with line management, providing HR Guidance, when appropriate. Conducts employee and supervisor training as required.
• Assists compliance consultant/HRBP with disciplinary issues related to compliance or removal from work (e.g. Past due Health Streams, licensure and certifications).
• Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
• Builds credibility and trust among employees by resolving employee concerns through compassion, a systematic approach, clear documentation and follow-through. Proactively learns the business of client to create positive change and mitigates / resolves employee issues.
• Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
• Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation. Provides policy interpretation, reviews and advices on violations of rules, regulations, policies, and procedures. Assists with conducting investigations when needed.
• Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
• Analyzes trends and draws meaningful insights and data from case management tool to better inform the HRBPs/COEs and leaders on trends, suggest process improvements, and build capability with leaders.
• Updates the knowledge management system and contributes meaningful insight based on policy interpretation to enhance policies.
Conduct employee and supervisor training including benefits, policies and procedures and prevention of harassment and discrimination.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Education: Bachelor's degree in a work-related discipline/field from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Five (5) years of progressively responsible and directly related work experience, including providing consultation for coaching, employee relations, compensation, training and HR project management or program implementation, with strength in employee relations.
Licensure/Certification: SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) or HRCI Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) Certification within one year of employment.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
These are the observable and measurable attributes and skills required to perform successfully the essential functions of the job and are generally demonstrated through qualifying experience, education, or licensure/certification.
- Ability to apply judgment and make sound decisions
- Ability to foster effective working relationships and build consensus
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Basic knowledge of State and Federal labor/employment laws (NLRA, ADA, Wage & Hour, FMLA/CFRA, CESLA, Workers Compensation, etc).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
- Ability to acquire a thorough understanding of the organization's hierarchy, jobs, qualifications, compensation practices, and the administrative practices related to those factors.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
The Physical Requirements and Working Conditions in which the job is typically performed are available from the Occupational Health Department. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job
Equal Opportunity Employer