NX Talent Specialist (0.001 FTE, Days)
0.001FTE, 8 Hour Day Shift
At Stanford Children’s Health, we know world-renowned care begins with world-class caring. That's why we combine advanced technologies and breakthrough discoveries with family-centered care. It's why we provide our caregivers with continuing education and state-of-the-art facilities, like the newly remodeled Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford. And it's why we need caring, committed people on our team - like you. Join us on our mission to heal humanity, one child and family at a time.
This paragraph summarizes the general nature, level and purpose of the job.
The Talent Specialist directly supports the Talent Partner’s needs to attract quality talent. Responsibilities include management of job postings for both the career site as well as external posting channels. The role will also create and maintain job posting reports for status tracking and updates. Uses effective sourcing channels and creates a pipeline of candidates in order to meet the current and future talent needs of the organization. Uses multiple mediums including: advertising, social networking, cold calling, internet searches and research to source active and passive candidates to ensure that there is a sufficient pool of candidates. Collaborates with the Talent Brand Outreach Specialist to ensure that the hospitals use the best available techniques to increase applicant pools for positions with particular focus on areas where talent is difficult to recruit for. Communicates information to recruiters on the market conditions and ensures that there is a full understanding of timelines it will take to identify the appropriate talent for a particular category.
The essential functions listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Employees must abide by all Joint Commission Requirements including but not limited to sensitivity to cultural diversity, patient care, patient rights and ethical treatment, safety and security of physical environments, emergency management, teamwork, respect for others, participation in ongoing education and training, communication and adherence to safety and quality programs, sustaining compliance with National Patient Safety Goals, and licensure and health screenings.
Must perform all duties and responsibilities in accordance with the hospital’s policies and procedures, including its Service Standards and its Code of Conduct.
• Responsible for managing job postings, drafting candidate profiles, reporting and CRM and ATS maintenance.
• Calls, screens, conducts interview and qualifies prospective candidates and assist them through the recruitment process.
• In collaboration with the Talent Outreach Specialist conducts research of competitors and of educational and other target institutions in the market. Builds a substantial competitive intelligence knowledge base of desired areas, companies, etc.
• Creates reports within hiring system or in other appropriate forms for recruiters and managers.
• Provides input on the best avenue in recruiting (e.g., advertising, direct contact, employee referrals, research organization, and job fairs). Identifies potential candidates through the use of web based searches, user groups, candidate referrals, networking, cold calling and web sourcing.
• Develops internal and external sources to identify qualified job candidate such as going to career fairs, college campuses, professional meeting, conducting direct mail campaigns, placement of employment advertising etc.
• Develops, influences and executes sourcing strategy for passive and active candidates.
• Develops tools and tracks prospects in a prospect tracking tool and reports metrics for pipeline, conversions, and hires. Identifies, assesses and manages systems/databases for managing sourcing data.
• Plays an active role in the TA team, acts as back up to the TA Partners routing candidates when appropriate, schedules interviews, coordinating candidate travel, etc.
• Provides feedback to recruiters on the recruitment market place that helps keep mangers informed about realistic expectations. Attends meetings with recruiters when necessary to gain a better understanding of required talent pool.
• Works closely with the Recruiters to develop and execute tactical sourcing strategies aimed at generating candidate flow to meet overall recruiting goals. Manages multiple searches for candidates supporting several recruiters at any one time.
• Supports the TA Manager as needed with project coordination and process improvement initiatives.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Education: Bachelor's degree in a work-related discipline/field from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Two (2) years of progressively responsible and directly related work experience.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
These are the observable and measurable attributes and skills required to perform successfully the essential functions of the job and are generally demonstrated through qualifying experience, education, or licensure/certification.
• Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing
• Ability to remain current with developing techniques and skills
• Ability to do research and gather market intelligence
• Ability to manage multiple searches at any time and manage multiple priorities
• Ability to persuade and lead a passive candidate to a placement
• Ability to write clear concise reports to communicate at multiple levels
• Knowledge of current sourcing techniques
• Knowledge of local, state and federal regulatory requirements related to areas of functional responsibility and HR
• Knowledge of principles and methods of recruiting, candidate screening and interviewing
• Knowledge of research techniques
• Knowledge of the recruitment market place
• Skills: Cold calling skills to identify passive candidates
Equal Opportunity Employer