Physician Relations/Marketing Coordinator (1.0 FTE, Days)
1.0 FTE, 8 Hours Day Shift
At Stanford Children’s Health, we know world-renowned care begins with world-class caring. That's why we combine advanced technologies and breakthrough discoveries with family-centered care. It's why we provide our caregivers with continuing education and state-of-the-art facilities, like the newly remodeled Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford. And it's why we need caring, committed people on our team - like you. Join us on our mission to heal humanity, one child and family at a time.
This paragraph summarizes the general nature, level and purpose of the job.
The Physician Relations/Marketing Coordinator is responsible for planning, implementing and coordinating physician relations programs, and physician marketing/communication activities that strive to increase physician engagement and physician satisfaction by the SCH referring provider community.
The essential functions listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Employees must abide by all Joint Commission Requirements including but not limited to sensitivity to cultural diversity, patient care, patient rights and ethical treatment, safety and security of physical environments, emergency management, teamwork, respect for others, participation in ongoing education and training, communication and adherence to safety and quality programs, sustaining compliance with National Patient Safety Goals, and licensure and health screenings.
Must perform all duties and responsibilities in accordance with the hospital’s policies and procedures, including its Service Standards and its Code of Conduct.
Physician Relations Program Coordination
Maintain collaborative working relationships with members of the physician relations and marketing teams, EPIC work teams, Access Center teams and other corporate services.
• Support Physician Relations Director in the maintenance of annual budgets and successful execution of projects at or below budget. This requires working with internal staff, vendors etc.
• Coordinate local and regional physician relation/physician marketing events such as physician provider meetings, educational sessions, physician engagement events, and other provider-related activities with internal clients, referring physicians, and established partners that have relevance for Stanford Children’s Health.
• Coordinate the scheduling of physician relations/physician marketing related meetings across the organization and including community and referring providers practices. Provide necessary support accordingly- agenda facilitation, Power Point development, minutes, and follow-up coordination.
• Serve as technical host for virtual meetings by sending reminders to participants, launching Zoom meetings and breakouts, assisting with business partner and provider needs, troubleshooting technical issues, providing for recording and/or note taking as appropriate, sending out follow-up information to participants as needed.
• Proficiency in PRM platform to support the management of event tracking and communication/marketing activity including, troubleshooting user issues, monitoring usage compliance and basic reporting.
• Manage event budgets and reporting for STARK compliance.
• Coordinate monthly Physician Relations status reports using report templates and protocols combining data from multiple sources and staff.
• Coordinate and publish Outreach clinic calendars from various COE and programs across the SCH enterprise.
• Assist as needed in travel preparations and travel expense reporting on behalf of the physician relations team as needed
• Maintain calendar scheduling for the physician relations director and assist, when appropriate with calendar support for physician relations team members.
• Assist with the production of physician provider communications using desktop publication tools.
• Update and revise physician marketing tools including, and not limited to the Provider Referral Directory; coordinate with physician relations representatives as well as ambulatory/marketing leadership for review/approval.
• Provide internal support to the physician relations representatives by sending COE or service line specific information or other requested collateral as needed/requested to referring providers.
• Assist with development of monthly physician e-newsletter and practice manager connection e-newsletter; coordinate marketing/communication content for both e-newsletters and work collaboratively with vendors as needed for copy-writing/editing, lay-out, uploading/maintaining distribution lists and timely electronic distribution.
• Assist with the coordination of efforts related to Continuing Medical Education (CME) activities in partnership with the Stanford School of Medicine CME team.
• Manage customer relationship management data (input and retrieval) to create and maintain current contact lists on behalf of Physician Relations team.
• Manage posting and removal of Physician Relations materials on the Stanford Children¿s Health consumer website and intranet portal.
• Participates in meeting and on committees, as well as in educational conferences or training to continually improve performance and preeminent level of service.
• Coordinates and implements related special projects, as requested by Director of Physician Relations.
• Performs other incidental duties as needed or assigned.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Education: Requires a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
Experience: Some Marketing experience or related experience required
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
These are the observable and measurable attributes and skills required to perform successfully the essential functions of the job and are generally demonstrated through qualifying experience, education, or licensure/certification.
• Must be a self-starter with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple tasks and fast-changing priorities.
• Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, prioritize, work independently, meet deadlines and deliver projects to agreed scopes.
• Ability to perform business analytics, including data manipulation, reporting and analysis and able to present this to audience so they are able to understand the findings.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively at all organizational levels as well as flawless written communication.
• Demonstrated strong initiative and good judgement.
• Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with widely diverse groups, including individuals at all levels both within and outside the organization and gain their cooperation.
• Demonstrated ability to make presentations to small groups in a training or facilitation role in a confident and engaging manner.
• Ability to confidently liaise internally and externally to build relationships, influence, gain and share knowledge and experience and, where necessary, discuss and resolve issues.
• Ability to develop a sound knowledge of stakeholders and anticipate and respond to stakeholder needs.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team to achieve goals and objectives.
• Must be committed to the mission and vison of Stanford Children’s Health.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills. Strong organizational skills, with a high level of attention to detail
• Customer service orientation
• High-level proficiency with Microsoft Office/; Salesforce experience a plus
• Must be willing to work occasional nights and weekends.
• Proficiency with data entry, basic data management across platforms and data reporting
• Proficiency with or ability to quickly learn other common software and web-based applications
• Ability to problem solve, think creatively, and readily apply new technologies
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate, organize, and complete work around multiple tasks and multiple deadlines with a variety of different staff members.
• Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
The Physical Requirements and Working Conditions in which the job is typically performed are available from the Occupational Health Department. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job
Equal Opportunity Employer