Business Systems Data Specialist - IS-ERP App Support (1.0FTE, Days)
1.0FTE, 8 Hour Day Shift
At Stanford Children’s Health, we know world-renowned care begins with world-class caring. That's why we combine advanced technologies and breakthrough discoveries with family-centered care. It's why we provide our caregivers with continuing education and state-of-the-art facilities, like the newly remodeled Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford. And it's why we need caring, committed people on our team - like you. Join us on our mission to heal humanity, one child and family at a time.
This paragraph summarizes the general nature, level and purpose of the job.
The Business Systems Data Specialist performs Business data analysis using various tools and techniques for statistical analysis, predictive modeling, and data mining. The Specialist is also responsible for planning, analyzing, developing, implementing, and recommending best industry practices for current and new business systems reporting and data. Collaborates with business users and other team members for requirements, data flow, data content/quality issues, and effectively communicates with users. The Business Systems Data Specialist leverages data (quantitative and qualitative) from multiple sources such as HR, Finance, Supply Chain, and Budgeting systems to produce effective and timely visual data analysis for better decision-making guidance to business users.
The essential functions listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Employees must abide by all Joint Commission Requirements including but not limited to sensitivity to cultural diversity, patient care, patient rights and ethical treatment, safety and security of physical environments, emergency management, teamwork, respect for others, participation in ongoing education and training, communication and adherence to safety and quality programs, sustaining compliance with National Patient Safety Goals, and licensure and health screenings.
Must perform all duties and responsibilities in accordance with the hospital’s policies and procedures, including its Service Standards and its Code of Conduct.
• Partners with business users and other teams to ensure data integrity and consistency.
• Advises on best practices, provides technical expertise, and supports on Business Systems Reporting projects.
• Defines and creates project plans. Identifies technical gaps and mitigate risks.
• Maintains and stays abreast of updates and changes in the field.
• Manages complex projects and a small group of employees or consultants. Provides technical consultation and guidance to other team members.
• Leads/participates in data quality sessions to ensure compliance with direction and standards.
• Works closely with Architects/ Database administration teams and ensures the database is architected and designed to handle reporting jobs.
• Designs and develops reports, scheduling and monitoring.
• Designs high level ETL process and data flow from multiple source systems to EDW (Electronic Data Warehousing).
• Design and develop extraction programs from different Business Systems to load into EDW.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Education: Bachelor's degree in a work-related discipline/field from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Six (6) years of progressively responsible and directly related work experience.
License/Certification: None required.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
These are the observable and measurable attributes and skills required to perform successfully the essential functions of the job and are generally demonstrated through qualifying experience, education, or licensure/certification.
• Ability to apply judgment and make informed decisions.
• Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, work independently, and meet deadlines.
• Knowledge of computer systems and software used in functional area.
• Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities
• Ability to translate high level requirements into design.
• Ability to identify and redress data quality and inconsistency issues.
• Knowledge in all aspects of Business Intelligence/Data warehousing.
• Knowledge of Reporting/Analytics tools like Tableau, etc .
• Knowledge of Enterprise Business Systems like HR, Finance, Supply Chain, Budgeting etc.
• Knowledge of new technologies, maintain and stay abreast of updates and changes in the field.
• Ability to use appropriate interpersonal skills to give information to and receive information from coworkers and clients in a tactfully and professional manner.
• Ability to speak and write effectively at a level appropriate for the job.
• Ability to strategize, plan and implement change.
• Ability to supervise, coach, mentor, train, and evaluate work results.
• Knowledge of new technologies (in specific field) and maintain and stay abreast of updates and changes.
• Knowledge of principles and practices of organization, administration, fiscal and personnel management.
The Physical Requirements and Working Conditions in which the job is typically performed are available from the Occupational Health Department. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Equal Opportunity Employer