Brand Marketing Manager (1.0FTE, Days)
1.0 FTE, 8 Hour Day Shift
At Stanford Children’s Health, we know world-renowned care begins with world-class caring. That's why we combine advanced technologies and breakthrough discoveries with family-centered care. It's why we provide our caregivers with continuing education and state-of-the-art facilities, like the newly remodeled Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford. And it's why we need caring, committed people on our team - like you. Join us on our mission to heal humanity, one child and family at a time.
This paragraph summarizes the general nature, level and purpose of the job.
The Brand Marketing Manager implements marketing strategies and plans for identified Programs, Service Lines and Centers of Excellence of the Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital that are consistent with the available marketing resources and incoordination with the Sr Brand Marketing Manager and CMO. This position helps to create marketing plans and programs that are consistent with brand direction, assures organizational alignment and engagement in the plans, leverages resources to implement, assures approvals and delivery of all marketing and communications plans. The Brand Marketing Manager will bring new and innovative ideas, techniques and marketing opportunities to the fore front to benefit LPCH and position the organizations as a leading children's academic hospital.
The essential functions listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Employees must abide by all Joint Commission Requirements including but not limited to sensitivity to cultural diversity, patient care, patient rights and ethical treatment, safety and security of physical environments, emergency management, teamwork, respect for others, participation in ongoing education and training, communication and adherence to safety and quality programs, sustaining compliance with National Patient Safety Goals, and licensure and health screenings.
Must perform all duties and responsibilities in accordance with the hospital’s policies and procedures, including its Service Standards and its Code of Conduct.
• Works closely with LPCH Centers of Excellence, departments, programs and initiatives teams to develop and implement marketing plans and programs.
• Assures all efforts drive support for and meet the needs of the divisions.
• Provides updates and information to the business development leads, develop initiatives, stories and vehicles to drive awareness, results and metrics.
• Manages the brand look and feel across Centers of Excellence, departments, programs and initiatives.
• Facilitates the coordination of all marketing activities within and outside of the Business Development division.
• Leverages the advertising agency in the development and implementation of advertising and marketing plans, media plans and program initiatives, buys and post mortems.
• Leverages syndicated data, data interpretation and disseminates information in support of program and plan development; shares new learning and information to assure understanding of and engagement with new opportunities.
• Utilizing data, be the voice of the consumer for select business areas – clinics, department and service lines (patient / referring physician, etc.), understanding and identifying their wants and needs into leverage able business and marketing practice.
• Produces ongoing analytics and post mortems for programs and plans with an eye to constant evaluation and improvement of efforts, as well as an understanding of potential issues and opportunities that may impact the plans.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Education: Bachelor's degree in a work-related discipline/field from an accredited college or university
Experience: Five (5) years of progressively responsible and directly related work experience
License/Certification: None Required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
These are the observable and measurable attributes and skills required to perform successfully the essential functions of the job and are generally demonstrated through qualifying experience, education, or licensure/certification.
• Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, and coordination of people.
• Knowledge of concepts, principles and methods of developing and executing marketing promotional/advertising strategies.
• Knowledge of principles and practices of organization, administration, fiscal and personnel management.
• Knowledge of presentation development, and the ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple and understandable fashion.
• Knowledge of research processes, data development, data analysis, syndicated data and consumer information resources.
• Ability to work in a matrix environment with multiple stakeholders and clients.
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
• Ability to develop short and long range business plans and strategies.
• Ability to manage outside resources, agencies and media with clear direction and sound communications strategies.
• Ability to effectively prioritize work and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to stay abreast of creative trends and tools to identify opportunities to constantly improve the creative development process.
• Strong creative and design skills.
The Physical Requirements and Working Conditions in which the job is typically performed are available from the Occupational Health Department. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job
Equal Opportunity Employer