Sr. Software Engineer - IS-WEB (1.0 FTE, Days)
At Stanford Children’s Health, we know world-renowned care begins with world-class caring. That's why we combine advanced technologies and breakthrough discoveries with family-centered care. It's why we provide our caregivers with continuing education and state-of-the-art facilities, like the newly remodeled Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford. And it's why we need caring, committed people on our team - like you. Join us on our mission to heal humanity, one child and family at a time.
This paragraph summarizes the general nature, level and purpose of the job.
Designs, develops, integrates and implements system related applications components, including front-end development, back-end server-side development and database integration. Plans, designs, develops and tests software systems or applications using a variety of languages and development platforms and using cloud services. Plays a direct role in programming, maintenance, technical support, documentation and administration of the applications. Researches, tracks and understands new web technologies to provide technical leadership in developing software applications and analyzing business requirements as they pertain to intranet and external Internet-related systems. Provides written design documents, test plans and test results.
The essential functions listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Employees must abide by all Joint Commission Requirements including but not limited to sensitivity to cultural diversity, patient care, patient rights and ethical treatment, safety and security of physical environments, emergency management, teamwork, respect for others, participation in ongoing education and training, communication and adherence to safety and quality programs, sustaining compliance with National Patient Safety Goals, and licensure and health screenings.
Must perform all duties and responsibilities in accordance with the Service Standards of the Hospital(s).
- Maintains and builds Back-end Java code. Designs, develops and implements complex Java , J2EE,Python applications using Spring Frameworks (Spring boot, Spring MVC, Spring JPA, Spring Security ) or equivalent.
- Performs Representational State Transfer (REST) services, graphQL
- Manages Content platforms such as Adobe Experience Manager(AEM) AEM Asset Management, AEM Forms, AEM Analytics, AEM Target and Adobe modules working with workflows, Sling models, JCR (Java Content Repository) , MSM (Multisite Manager), personalization, Replication, Dispatcher and migration workflows.
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs, conferring with users, studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes, investigating problem areas; following the Agile/DevOps software development lifecycle.
- Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions. Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures. Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming. Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Supports and develops software engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities.
- Practices and promotes the Agile software development methodology. Reviews and improves processes used in engineering.
- Understands and is responsible for developing and adhering to secure coding principles, techniques, practices, and tools, with an emphasis on confidentiality and protection of PHI adheres to HIPAA/HITECH regulations.
- Maintains job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Education: Bachelor's degree in computer science /work-related discipline/field from an accredited college or university
Experience: Seven (7) years of progressively responsible directly related work experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
These are the observable and measurable attributes and skills required to perform successfully the essential functions of the job and are generally demonstrated through qualifying experience, education, or licensure/certification.
- Proficiency working 3+ years on Adobe Experience Manager and respective Adobe modules , CRX, Apache Sling, OSGI and CQ API
- Experience or actively supported Architecture and Design creation activity for AEM projects
- Proficiency working on Spring frameworks (Spring boot, Spring MVC, Spring JPA, Spring Security), SharePoint, Apache Solr.
- Extensive experience programming in end-to-end Web Technologies (front-end and back-end)
- Knowledge and solid foundation in Object Oriented Programming, design patterns, algorithms, programming languages, networking and operating systems
- Knowledge of Cloud computing platforms such as Microsoft Azure, AWS software development
- Knowledge and Experience with software project collaboration techniques such as defect/feature tracking Jira Cloud,ServiceNow and revision control tools CI/CD pipelines such as Git, Gitlab, SVN
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to other technical and non-technical staff members
- Ability to share knowledge through mentoring, code reviews, and design document reviews
- Demonstrate an aptitude for leaning new technologies and effectively solve technical challenges and meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, translating technically complex ideas for a business audience
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
The Physical Requirements and Working Conditions in which the job is typically performed are available from the Occupational Health Department. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job