Consumer Advisory Council Coordinator (0.001 FTE, Days)
This job posting is no longer active
0.001 FTE, 8 Hour Day Shift
At Stanford Children’s Health, we know world-renowned care begins with world-class caring. That's why we combine advanced technologies and breakthrough discoveries with family-centered care. It's why we provide our caregivers with continuing education and state-of-the-art facilities, like the newly remodeled Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford. And it's why we need caring, committed people on our team - like you. Join us on our mission to heal humanity, one child and family at a time.
This paragraph summarizes the general nature, level and purpose of the job.
The Consumer Advisory Council Coordinator coordinates the work of the Consumer Advisory Council to facilitate consumer input into the Packard System at all levels of care: clinical, operational, and policy. Responsibilities include scheduling the consumer Advisory Council meetings; generating the Advisory Council agendas and minutes; attending Departmental Coordinator Meetings and submitting required Council documentation. This position also provides peer mentoring to families of Packard patients. Responsibilities include providing support, information, and training in self-management to Packard families. Other responsibilities include completion of documentation and maintaining training & knowledge through Mentor meetings and training.
The essential functions listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Employees must abide by all Joint Commission Requirements including but not limited to sensitivity to cultural diversity, patient care, patient rights and ethical treatment, safety and security of physical environments, emergency management, teamwork, respect for others, participation in ongoing education and training, communication and adherence to safety and quality programs, sustaining compliance with National Patient Safety Goals, and licensure and health screenings.
Must perform all duties and responsibilities in accordance with the hospital’s policies and procedures, including its Service Standards and its Code of Conduct.
• Facilitates monthly Consumer Advisory Council meetings by scheduling the meetings and organizing agendas and minutes.
• Reviews patient education materials.
• Participates in quarterly staff-consumer Summits on various topics.
• Contributes to Packard Committees as requested as a Department of Family Centered Care Representative.
• Participates on panels and gives presentations to Packard Staff.
• Provides self-management training for parents/family members.
• Completes documentation for parent/family self-management peer mentor encounters.
• Attends Mentor & Advisor Coordinator Scheduled meetings.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Experience: One (1) year managing care regimen of a child with a chronic health condition for a specific service area.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
These are the observable and measurable attributes and skills required to perform successfully the essential functions of the job and are generally demonstrated through qualifying experience, education, or licensure/certification.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing in a caring and compassionate manner.
• Knowledge of health literacy.
• Ability to work effectively both as a team player and leader.
• Ability to use computer programs for specific area.
The Physical Requirements and Working Conditions in which the job is typically performed are available from the Occupational Health Department. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job
Equal Opportunity Employer