Respiratory Care Residency Program
The Respiratory Care Department at Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital is responsible for providing all respiratory therapy procedures for inpatient. We care for patients in the NICU, PICU, CVICU, and acute care areas. We promote education for medical staff, nursing and our patients and families related to the pulmonary system and therapies we provide. Our mission is to provide high quality, evidence-based therapies to all of our patients.
Focus on your future We are looking for candidates who are focused on their future in pediatric/neonatal respiratory therapy and are able to maintain workflow in a fast-paced environment.
This is a six-month program that will cover 11 different modules of didactic learning. Your ability to think critically and preform evidence-based learning will be of great use as you learn to use built in respiratory care equipment. What you will gain is the opportunity to orient yourself in clinical work environment such as acute care and intensive care setting. After the residency is completed a six-month post-hire evaluation will be performed to track competency.
Next RCP Residency Offering:
- Application open date: June 1, 2021
- Application close date: June 25, 2021
- Program start date: August 23, 2021
- Graduates from an American Medical Association (AMA) approved Respiratory Therapy College (with minimal experience in the neonatal/pediatric population) within one year.
- Registered Respiratory Therapists from the NBRC
- Current CA RCP license
- NRP, BLS, PALS and ACLS certifications
Submit an application on-line: http://careers.stanfordchildrens.org/