New Grad RN Residency Program
Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford, the heart of Stanford Children's Health, offers exceptional opportunities for current students and recent graduates to complete their residency. Our program greatly enhances your education through exposure to many of today’s top medical advancements and the individuals responsible for them. If you’re passionate about caring for babies, children and new mothers and want to begin your career learning from a world-class leader in pediatrics and obstetrics then start with Stanford Children's Health.
We've partnered with Vizient/AACN Nurse Residency Program, a non-profit organization dedicated to advancing the nursing profession, to develop a comprehensive new graduate RN residency program. This unique one-year Residency is different from the traditional new graduate program because it provides an evidenced-based transition to prepare new graduate nurses for the highly complex and fast-paced acute care environment of Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford. New graduates will also benefit from:
- A supportive network of senior nurses and debriefers to augment your education through professional, clinical experience expertise
- One-on-one guided clinical experience with a preceptor
- On-site classes and simulation-based education
- An easy-to-use web portal and supportive self-care/debriefing groups
- You must be a graduate from a BSN or master's-level practice program, accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC) or Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- Graduates from online nursing programs are not accepted.
- Your graduation dates must fall between 6/30/2019 and 6/30/2020.
- No paid RN experience.
- You must have a current unencumbered California RN license by 9/16/2020. We will not accept interim permits, but will accept temporary licenses.
- BLS-Health Care Provider (HCP), issued by American Heart Association required by the Program by 9/16/2020.
- Two reference letters signed either physically (“wet”) or electronically from the School of Nursing Clinical Faculty and /or Preceptor.
- Most recent unofficial transcripts.
- Willingness to commit to the Residency Program without interruption for a (minimum of 18 weeks).
2020 Important Dates and Deadlines -
- May 5: Application period begins.
- May 18: Last day of job posting and for applicants to apply by 11:59 PM.
- Week of July 6: Notification of application status
- July 20 - 31: Interviews
- September 28: Start date for all New Grad Residents.
Need Assistance while applying?
E-mail Danielle Li at [email protected] for technical difficulties.