New Grad RN Residency Program
Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford, the heart of Stanford Children's Health, offers exceptional opportunities for current students and recent graduates to complete their residency. Our program greatly enhances your education through exposure to many of today’s top medical advancements and the individuals responsible for them. If you’re passionate about caring for babies, children and new mothers and want to begin your career learning from a world-class leader in pediatrics and obstetrics then start with Stanford Children's Health.
We've partnered with Vizient/AACN Nurse Residency Program, a non-profit organization dedicated to advancing the nursing profession, to develop a comprehensive new graduate RN residency program. This unique one-year Residency is different from the traditional new graduate program because it provides an evidenced-based transition to prepare new graduate nurses for the highly complex and fast-paced acute care environment of Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford. New graduates will also benefit from:
- A supportive network of senior nurses and debriefers to augment your education through professional, clinical experience expertise
- One-on-one guided clinical experience with a preceptor
- On-site classes and simulation-based education
- An easy-to-use web portal and supportive self-care/debriefing groups
- You must be a graduate from a BSN or Master's level practice program, accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC) or Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). Your graduation dates must fall between June 30, 2017 and June 30, 2018.
- Less than 6 months of inpatient RN work experience.
- You must have a current California RN license by August 17, 2018. We will not accept interim permits, but we will accept temporary licenses.
- BLS-Health Care Provider (HCP) certification issued by American Heart Association required by August 17, 2018.
- Graduates from online nursing programs are not accepted.
- Two (2) signed reference letters from the School of Nursing Clinical Faculty on a school and/or hospital letterhead.
- Cover letter indicating why you want to join Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital Stanford and what your first and second choice of nursing area are you most interested in (Pediatric Acute Care (Medical Surgical, Cardiac), Pediatric Critical Care (PICU, CVICU), Neonatal, Labor & Delivery, Maternity or Other (please specify).
- Most recent unofficial transcripts.
- Download and complete the Clinical Hours Table with your clinical rotation/ preceptorship information.
- Willingness to commit to a one-year Residency Program without interruption.
2018 Important Dates and Deadlines
- February 5, 2018: Application period begins.
- May 1, 2018 : Last day of job posting and for applicants to apply by 11:59 PM.
- February 5, 2018 to May 31, 2018: Review of applications
- June 4, 2018 to June 9, 2018 Notification of application status
- June 18, 2018 to June 22, 2018: Interviews
- August 1, 2018: Offers will start being extended
- September 10th, 2018: Start date for all New Grad Residents.
Need Assistance While Applying?
Download our New Graduate RN Residency FAQs (PDF) to review common questions and issues that may arise during the application process.