End User Services Tech Lead (1.0 FTE, Days)
This job posting is no longer active
1.0FTE, Days, 8 Hour Shift
At Stanford Children’s Health, we know world-renowned care begins with world-class caring. That's why we combine advanced technologies and breakthrough discoveries with family-centered care. It's why we provide our caregivers with continuing education and state-of-the-art facilities, like the newly remodeled Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford. And it's why we need caring, committed people on our team - like you. Join us on our mission to heal humanity, one child and family at a time.
This paragraph summarizes the general nature, level and purpose of the job.
In this highly visible role, the End User Services Technician Lead manages the delivery of high-quality deployment of End User services provided to users throughout the Stanford Children's Health campus and off campus (Ambulatory and Clinics) locations. Key responsibilities include defining End User project delivery process, procedures and best practices, ensuring the proactive delivery of effective and efficient services to departments and users, analysis of support requests to determine potential improvements to service delivery, manage allocation of resources to ensure effective delivery of services to customers and manage large-scale rollouts of new technologies or upgrades. Additional responsibilities include developing short and long-term strategies to improve service offerings, development of user self service capabilities, development and management of financial plans and assigned budget for End User Support Services, developing detailed project plans for key projects, oversight of hardware and software inventory, development of multi-year technology refresh plans, comprehensive testing of new products in preparation for rollout, and development of service request reports for distribution.
The essential functions listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Employees must abide by all Joint Commission Requirements including but not limited to sensitivity to cultural diversity, patient care, patient rights and ethical treatment, safety and security of physical environments, emergency management, teamwork, respect for others, participation in ongoing education and training, communication and adherence to safety and quality programs, sustaining compliance with National Patient Safety Goals, and licensure and health screenings.
Must perform all duties and responsibilities in accordance with the hospital’s policies and procedures, including its Service Standards and its Code of Conduct.
- Leads and develops staff to excel in the department and individual objectives; provides staff with a clear sense of direction and purpose; communicate effectively and timely with staff; regularly utilize a variety of recognition tools and programs.
- Leads the Support Services function and team within a particular office and region.
- Hold Organizes and leads regular team meetings to keep staff apprised of events & procedures.
- Provides a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles.
- Contributes to Performance Appraisals for Support Services staff as necessary, recommend staff salary adjustments in conjunction with the Director / Associate Director / Manager IT - Head of Relationship Management.
- Monitors the call queue within Service Manager to ensure calls are resolved in an efficient manner and to ensure that all work is logged and tracked through Service Manager Service Desk system. Revises and manages processes as necessary.
- Empowers and motivates staff by sharing information, knowledge and skills.
- Leads innovation efforts to introduce transformational products, services and processes to the customer base.
- Develops and implements innovative initiatives aimed at improving the customer experience.
- Identifies and implements business development and process improvement opportunities.
- Designs and implements road map and infrastructure needed to drive growth and operational success.
- Develops and maintain a detailed budget for department
- Recommends annual technology plans, and in the development of supporting budgets for all information systems.
- Meets with representatives from user departments to identify needs and assist in the coordination of Information Services with these projects.
- Develops Project Plans and identify key deliverables, milestones, and resource requirements, identify sources of funding and manage expense tracking.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Business Management, Computer Science or related field
Experience: Four (4) years of progressively responsible directly related work experience.
License/Certification: None required.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
These are the observable and measurable attributes and skills required to perform successfully the essential functions of the job and are generally demonstrated through qualifying experience, education, or licensure/certification.
- Knowledge of working within a Desktop Support or IT Service Delivery function; skill to develop and expand customer focused technology solutions.
- Knowledge of fiscal matters including budget development, forecasting and variance analysis.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective professional relationships with internal colleagues and business partners.
- Knowledge of program and project management methodologies and tools; track record of success in managing Information Services projects; effective problem-solving abilities; motivated to develop creative solutions to common processes or problems.
- Skilled in develop project plans, resource requirements and project cost estimates; ability to deliver projects within budget.
- Knowledge of leading staff including hiring, performance management, development and counseling.
- Knowledge of conducting research into emerging technologies and applying research to business; skilled in comprehensive testing of new technologies to ensure problem free deployment to users.
- Skilled in verbal and written communication skills to work effectively with technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization; ability to use Standard English grammar and punctuation* Knowledge of ServiceNow.
- Knowledge of Help Desk and End User Operations, Service Management, and customer service and support
- Knowledge of Information Services Technologies in the Healthcare industry required.
- Ability to perform innovating the customer experience in a multi-unit environment.
- Knowledge of Business process re-engineering or project leadership is preferred.
- Ability to lead and managing process change.
- Ability to create, develop and execute key business strategies and initiatives.
- Ability to be process orientated with the ability to define, plan and implement new policies and procedures.
- Ability to understand and leverage technology teams to improve processes, systems and maximize resources.
- Knowledge of strong business acumen to facilitate decisions about strategies to pursue, resource use.
- Ability to demonstrate a track record of exceeding goals and delivering results. Ability to build cross-functional relationships and influencing skills.
- Ability to perform effective committee dynamics to facilitate teamwork, effective/excellent people and motivational skills, sensitivity to client needs and ability to motivate staff in job performance and professional development is also necessary.
- Ability to be creative, innovative and flexible in responding to rapidly changing needs and priorities.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
The Physical Requirements and Working Conditions in which the job is typically performed are available from the Occupational Health Department. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Equal Opportunity Employer