Senior Software Engineer - Mobile Web Apps (1.0 FTE, Days)
This job posting is no longer active
1.0 FTE, 8 Hour Day Shift
At Stanford Children’s Health, we know world-renowned care begins with world-class caring. That's why we combine advanced technologies and breakthrough discoveries with family-centered care. It's why we provide our caregivers with continuing education and state-of-the-art facilities, like the newly remodeled Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford. And it's why we need caring, committed people on our team - like you. Join us on our mission to heal humanity, one child and family at a time.
This paragraph summarizes the general nature, level and purpose of the job.
Under the direction and strategic guidance of the Director, Information Services and leadership team and reporting to Manager, Web Services, the primary role of the Sr. Software Engineer-Mobile Apps is to partner and coordinate with the business users in Patient Care Services, Clinical Operations and other LPCH departments across the enterprise to provide mobile apps development / technical solutions and technical support for the Stanford Medicine Children’s Health (SMCH) Mobile apps program, consumer and patient care apps developed in support of enterprise business needs and the organization’s mission.
The Sr. Software Engineer -Mobile apps position is part of Stanford Children’s Health IS Web Services, supporting the strategic service delivery pillar and program, Mobile Apps which encompasses, the Stanford Medicine Children’s Health Mobile App platform and frameworks developed internal and all the associated patient care and consumer apps like Find a Doctor, Call for Appointment, Epic My Chart, Pay your Bill, SMCH Hospital Apps and other related.
The Sr. Software Engineer Designs, develops, integrates and implements Stanford Medicine Children’s Health mobile apps development, including back-end server-side application programming interface (API) development and database and electronic medical record integration. Plans, designs, develops and tests mobile apps using iOS / Xcode development platforms and using Swift, C-Sharp and Cloud platforms like Azure and AWS. Plays a direct role in programming, maintenance, technical support, documentation and administration of the mobile app platform and all external and internal facing mobile apps. Researches, tracks and understands new mobile technologies to provide technical leadership in developing mobile apps and analyzing business requirements as they pertain to improving overall access and patient experience. Provides written design documents, test plans and test results.
The essential functions listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Employees must abide by all Joint Commission Requirements including but not limited to sensitivity to cultural diversity, patient care, patient rights and ethical treatment, safety and security of physical environments, emergency management, teamwork, respect for others, participation in ongoing education and training, communication and adherence to safety and quality programs, sustaining compliance with National Patient Safety Goals, and licensure and health screenings.
Must perform all duties and responsibilities in accordance with the hospital’s policies and procedures, including its Service Standards and its Code of Conduct.
* Manages development of mobile apps from inception to complete development and deployment to app and play stores, in support of our organization mission
* Manages Hospital mobile app platform with hands on experience on industry standard mobile app technologies like iOS and Android
* Collaborates with team members to design, develop, and maintain user interfaces and features for mobile applications (iOS or Android).
* Program user interfaces for our mobile applications using the Native iOS/Xamarin framework and toolset
* Leading individual projects from conception to launch and assisting other developers working on same project
* Acting as lead iOS and/ or Android developer. Depending on the skills set can be lead on one platform and play a supporting role across the other
* Deliver across the entire app life cycle ¿concept, design, build, deploy, test, release and support
* Working directly with developers and product managers to conceptualize, build, test and realize products
* Hands on experience on iOS XCode development environment and SWIFT and C-Sharp programming languages.
* Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
* Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming. Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
* Supports and develops software engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities.
* Practices and promotes the Agile software development methodology. Reviews and improves processes used in engineering.
* Understands and is responsible for developing and adhering to secure coding principles, techniques, practices, and tools, with an emphasis on confidentiality and protection of PHI adheres to HIPAA/HITECH regulations.
* Maintains job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Education: Bachelor's degree in computer science /work-related discipline/field from an accredited college or university
Experience: Seven (7) years of progressively responsible directly related work experience
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
These are the observable and measurable attributes and skills required to perform successfully the essential functions of the job and are generally demonstrated through qualifying experience, education, or licensure/certification.
* Proficiency working on iOS mobile app development
* Experience with iOS SDK (UIKit, Cocoa Touch, Core Data, Core Location, etc) and xCode.
* Experience with the Android SDK, Visual studio C# code for Native iOS/Xamarin.
* Experience on web service integration (SOAP, REST, JSON, XML)
* Experience with integration BLE devices for wayfinding.
* Experience with HealthCare specific integration such as EPIC, Certain, EMR, Symptom Checker.
* Experience on building API and Integrate and consume Internal or external APIs.
* Perform administrative tasks on developed technologies (solution implementations, upgrades, and enhancements).
* Build prototypes at tech scoping stage of projects
* Design front end to build the interface with focus on usability features
* Create compelling device specific user interfaces and experiences
* Standardizing Native iOS/Xamarin as a platform and in some cases apps to deliver across multiple brands with Minimal duplication of effort
* Optimizing performance for the apps
* Explain technologies and solutions to technical and non-technical stakeholders
* Keep abreast with industry technologies and tools in iOS, Android and web domains
* Experience developing Azure Cloud Mobile Apps and Services including Chatbots using cloud artificial intelligent frameworks
* Knowledge of Cloud computing platforms such as Microsoft Azure, AWS software development
* Knowledge and Experience with software project collaboration techniques such as defect/feature tracking Jira Cloud, ServiceNow and revision control tools, CI/CD pipelines such as GitHub, Bitbucket or Gitlab
* Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to other technical and non-technical staff members
* Ability to share knowledge through mentoring, code reviews, and design document reviews
* Demonstrate an aptitude for leaning new technologies and effectively solve technical challenges and meet deadlines
* Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, translating technically complex ideas for a business audience
* Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
The Physical Requirements and Working Conditions in which the job is typically performed are available from the Occupational Health Department. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job
Compensation is based on the level and requirements of the role.
Salary within our ranges may also be determined by your education, experience, knowledge, skills, location, and abilities, as required by the role, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.
Typically, new team members join at the minimum to mid salary range.
Minimum to Midpoint Range (1.0 FTE): $119,371.20 to $158,277.60
Equal Opportunity Employer