Human Resources Coordinator (1.0 FTE, Days)
1.0FTE, 8-hour Day Shift
At Stanford Children’s Health, we know world-renowned care begins with world-class caring. That's why we combine advanced technologies and breakthrough discoveries with family-centered care. It's why we provide our caregivers with continuing education and state-of-the-art facilities, like the newly remodeled Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford. And it's why we need caring, committed people on our team - like you. Join us on our mission to heal humanity, one child and family at a time.
This paragraph summarizes the general nature, level and purpose of the job.
The Human Resources Coordinator is responsible for researching and executing quality evaluation and resolution of background checks in compliance with applicable laws and company procedures, and initiating pre-employment screening. Serving as a liaison to stakeholders in the recruitment process, the coordinator maintains candidate relationships during pre-boarding process, provides administrative, project management and logistical support throughout the pre-boarding process by direct interaction with the hiring managers, vendors and candidates.
The essential functions listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Employees must abide by all Joint Commission Requirements including but not limited to sensitivity to cultural diversity, patient care, patient rights and ethical treatment, safety and security of physical environments, emergency management, teamwork, respect for others, participation in ongoing education and training, communication and adherence to safety and quality programs, sustaining compliance with National Patient Safety Goals, and licensure and health screenings.
Must perform all duties and responsibilities in accordance with the hospital’s policies and procedures, including its Service Standards and its Code of Conduct.
- Responsible for and completes all pre-employment screening processes individually, or in collaboration with the vendor, including but not limited to:
- Background checks
- Pre-employment health screening,
- Licensure/degree/certification verifications
- Prepare for hire
- Determines whether the background check is in compliance with applicable laws and company procedures.
- Partners and advises stakeholders of outcomes based on results of background screening and pre-onboarding checks.
- Works directly with vendor and vendor system to accurately track status of background check, pre-onboarding adjudication, log final resolutions, and ensure service level agreements/vendor performance metrics are being met
- Acts as a liaison between the legal department, HR Compliance, and external vendors (Pre-employment and Background verification) to resolve issues and refine processes
- Responsible for accurate data entry of all background checks in HR Case Management System and accurate reporting of results
- Working closely with department leadership, gathers feedback from HR partners regarding the pre-onboarding process and provides appropriate recommendation stakeholders and to the background check vendor
- Working closely with department leadership, recommends operating policy and procedural improvements in relation to background checks to HR counterparts. Communicates changes to the background check laws from the legal department to human resources
- Serves as a liaison with internal and external candidates on matters relating to pre-onboarding activities.
- Develops solid knowledge of current background check laws and follows process flows as required
- Maps, monitors and continually enhances the program Implementing legal compliance measures
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in human resource or related Field
Experience: One (1) Year years of progressively responsible and directly related work experience.
Licensure/Certification: None required.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
These are the observable and measurable attributes and skills required to perform successfully the essential functions of the job and are generally demonstrated through qualifying experience, education, or licensure/certification.
- Strong analytical ability to evaluate complex information and articulate recommendations
- Must perform efficiently in a high-volume environment, both independently and as part of a team, while maintaining organization and attention to detail, with ability to multi-task and meet competing priorities
- Ability to communicate effectively and courteously with personnel at all levels, use good judgment, and treat sensitive matters in a confidential manner.
- Ability to prioritize and anticipate problems before they arise with a customer service orientation to help facilitate smooth operations.
- Ability to thrive in dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to organize work effectively, set priorities and provide attention to details.
- Ability to prepare and process routine administrative paperwork.
- Ability to solve problems in a customer-focused environment.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of human resources concepts, practices, policies and procedures.
- Communicate professionally and maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times both internally and externally with our candidates and hiring managers.
- Knowledge of or the ability to learn computerized human resources systems.
- Knowledge of Windows-based office software, computers and operating systems.
- Intermediate to advanced MS Excel skills preferred.
- Strong standards for details and thoroughness.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to develop effective relationships and partnerships with HR colleagues, Payroll, Finance and other partners at all levels within the organization.
- Self-directed, detail-oriented, problem solver with a desire to contribute while providing great customer service to both candidates and internal clients.
The Physical Requirements and Working Conditions in which the job is typically performed are available from the Occupational Health Department. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job
Equal Opportunity Employer