HR Project Manager - Human Resources (1.0 FTE, Days)
This job posting is no longer active
1.0 FTE, 8 Hour Day Shift
At Stanford Children’s Health, we know world-renowned care begins with world-class caring. That's why we combine advanced technologies and breakthrough discoveries with family-centered care. It's why we provide our caregivers with continuing education and state-of-the-art facilities, like the newly remodeled Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford. And it's why we need caring, committed people on our team - like you. Join us on our mission to heal humanity, one child and family at a time.
This paragraph summarizes the general nature, level and purpose of the job.
The Project Manager's primary function is to lead the strategy, reporting, tracking and execution of projects for the Human Resources Department. In partnership with the Human Resources Leadership Team (HRLT) and extended Human Resources team, uses data, SWOTs and focus groups to analyze issues in order to identify projects that supports Human Resources’ strategic plan and goals. The project manager will bring new and innovative ideas, techniques, and opportunities to the forefront to foster continuous improvement in strategy execution. Facilitates cross functional relationships with key stakeholders in order to align goals, strategy and deliverables.
The essential functions listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Employees must abide by all Joint Commission Requirements including but not limited to sensitivity to cultural diversity, patient care, patient rights and ethical treatment, safety and security of physical environments, emergency management, teamwork, respect for others, participation in ongoing education and training, communication and adherence to safety and quality programs, sustaining compliance with National Patient Safety Goals, and licensure and health screenings.
Must perform all duties and responsibilities in accordance with the hospital’s policies and procedures, including its Service Standards and its Code of Conduct.
• Identifies when project proposals are warranted by using data analytics, survey data, SWOTs, workforce planning and focus groups. Conducts a root cause analysis and problem statement.
• In collaboration with HRLT, develops and presents business cases to obtain project sponsorship, budget and resource allocation.
• Identifies appropriate project team members, stakeholders impacted and complete a RACI to outline expectations regarding roles and responsibilities.
• Develops and maintains project charter to include; Purpose, Objectives, Scope, Risks mitigation, Metrics, Timeline, Communication Plan, Deliverables, Debrief and Measurements
• Ensures projects are progressing at appropriate timelines. Assess project issues and develop resolutions to meet productivity, quality, goals and deliverables.
• Monitors progress and impact of project deliverables and makes adjustments as needed.
• Conducts project debrief sessions, identifies lessons learned, and applies the lessons learned to future projects.
• Continuous evaluation of HR workflow processes. Leads process optimization efforts by leveraging usage of technology across all HR functions.
• Creates communication and change management plans, for all types of stakeholders.
• In collaboration with applicable partners; develop and implement training around project deliverables that result in changes in process, procedures, policy, etc.
• Works with the Data Analyst to develop and provide metrics and analysis to help identify needs, drive results and measure effectiveness.
• Leads and/or participates in other ad hoc departmental or HR cross functional projects of varied scope and responsibility
Talent Acquisition Support Functions:
• Develops, implements, and documents procedures for the Talent Acquisition function.
• Develops and delivers team trainings related to procedure, process, resource and/or technology changes. Assists in the onboarding of new team members, providing training of team processes and procedures.
• Develops and implement tools, resources and training for Hiring Managers on processes and best practice.
• Identifies process inefficiencies to create a more streamlined processes for the Talent Acquisition Team, Hiring Managers and candidates.
• Collaborates and leads initiatives with Hiring Managers and the Talent Acquisition Team to continuously assess and improve candidate experience.
• Vendor management including program management, contract compliance, SLA adherence, ROI analysis and driving accountability.
• Collaborates with staffing office on traveler vendor management and conversions
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Education: Bachelor's degree in a work - related discipline / field from an accredited college or university
Experience: Three (3) years of progressively responsible and directly related work experience.
License / Certification: None required. Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
These are the observable and measurable attributes and skills required to perform successfully the essential functions of the job and are generally demonstrated through qualifying experience, education, or licensure/certification.
Ability to apply judgment and make sound decisions.
Ability to foster effective working relationships and build consensus.
Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, work independently and meet deadlines.
Ability to work effectively both as a team player and leader.
Ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
Knowledge of Windows-based office software, computers and operating systems.
Knowledge of research processes, data development, data analysis, syndicated data and consumer information resources.
Experience in using effective project management tools and methods.
Ability to work in a matrix environment with multiple stakeholders and clients.
Ability to conduct research, conduct analysis, reach conclusions, and present findings.
The Physical Requirements and Working Conditions in which the job is typically performed are available from the Occupational Health Department. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Compensation is based on the level and requirements of the role.
Salary within our ranges may also be determined by your education, experience, knowledge, skills, location, and abilities, as required by the role, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.
Typically, new team members join at the minimum to mid salary range.
Minimum to Midpoint Range (1.0 FTE): $101,774.40 to $134,919.20
Equal Opportunity Employer