HR Solutions Representative - Human Resources (0.75 FTE, Days)
0.75 FTE, 8 Hour Day Shift
At Stanford Children’s Health, we know world-renowned care begins with world-class caring. That's why we combine advanced technologies and breakthrough discoveries with family-centered care. It's why we provide our caregivers with continuing education and state-of-the-art facilities, like the newly remodeled Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford. And it's why we need caring, committed people on our team - like you. Join us on our mission to heal humanity, one child and family at a time.
This paragraph summarizes the general nature, level and purpose of the job.
The HR Solutions Representative will respond to inquiries and requests received from employees as well as online submissions. This position will require broad knowledge base across HR functional areas as a foundation to deliver timely, professional and courteous responses to all employees on initial inquiries and transaction support and execution. It is imperative that the incumbent possess the skills necessary to perform exceptional customer service, while performing transactions with high degree of quality, accuracy and in a timely manner in accordance with agreed upon service level agreements.
The essential functions listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Employees must abide by all Joint Commission Requirements including but not limited to sensitivity to cultural diversity, patient care, patient rights and ethical treatment, safety and security of physical environments, emergency management, teamwork, respect for others, participation in ongoing education and training, communication and adherence to safety and quality programs, sustaining compliance with National Patient Safety Goals, and licensure and health screenings.
Must perform all duties and responsibilities in accordance with the hospital’s policies and procedures, including its Service Standards and its Code of Conduct.
• Provides courteous, respectful and reliable service to HR customers, including pre-hires, active, former employees, managers, and retirees.
• Assesses and resolves customer inquiries and issues (via phone, email and chat) or escalate to the next level of service within the appropriate functional area as per the service delivery routing structure.
• Works with high quality and accuracy standards, capturing interactions within case management through case creation, update and closure.
• Learns and understands HR functional area knowledge and be able to navigate finding and using content within the knowledge base, applying it to resolve inquiries efficiently and accurately
• Answers employee and management questions regarding HR policies, processes and other human resource related matters following prescribed responses.
• Assists or participates as a team member in the review and recommendations for process improvements, automation of information and services, system applications, operational efficiency and customer services.
• Performs human resource administrative activities following the application of policies, program procedures and process guidelines and regulatory requirements.
• Processes employee status change transactions such as transfers, reclassifications, promotions, etc.
• Maintains systems of record for employees.
• Reviews change requests for accuracy, adherence to policies/guidelines, proper signature authorization and completeness.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in a work-related discipline/field from an accredited college or university.
Experience: One (1) year of progressively responsible and directly related work experience
License/Certification: None required.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
These are the observable and measurable attributes and skills required to perform successfully the essential functions of the job and are generally demonstrated through qualifying experience, education, or licensure/certification.
• Ability to effectively prioritize work and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
• Ability to research and identify the appropriate prescribed response to customer inquiries.
• Ability to proactively solve problems in a customer-focused environment.
• Ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
• Knowledge of HR practices/policies related to benefits, staffing, compensation, etc.
• Knowledge of HR-related systems and software applications.
• Knowledge of Windows-based office software, computers and operating systems
The Physical Requirements and Working Conditions in which the job is typically performed are available from the Occupational Health Department. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Equal Opportunity Employer