IT Systems Analyst IV - IS-Architect DE & Integration (1.0 FTE, Days)
1.0 FTE, 8 Hour Day Shift
At Stanford Children’s Health, we know world-renowned care begins with world-class caring. That's why we combine advanced technologies and breakthrough discoveries with family-centered care. It's why we provide our caregivers with continuing education and state-of-the-art facilities, like the newly remodeled Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford. And it's why we need caring, committed people on our team - like you. Join us on our mission to heal humanity, one child and family at a time.
This paragraph summarizes the general nature, level and purpose of the job.
Works independently on system technology projects to meet the business system needs for a (specified) client group including developing system design and interface specifications, identifying solutions to business needs and implementation of technology solutions. Scope of the job includes designing systems to support business requirements and enhancements to existing technology systems; design specifications to support business system changes; responsible for implementation by leading project teams, planning and coordination, client testing and training and ensuring smooth turnover of projects to client group.
The essential functions listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Employees must abide by all Joint Commission Requirements including but not limited to sensitivity to cultural diversity, patient care, patients' rights and ethical treatment, safety and security of physical environments, emergency management, teamwork, respect for others, participation in ongoing education and training, communication and adherence to safety and quality programs, sustaining compliance with National Patient Safety Goals, and licensure and health screenings.
Must perform all duties and responsibilities in accordance with the Service Standards of the Hospital(s).
- Responsible for developing proposed system design and interface specifications based on identified business needs using structured analytical techniques, employing technical and specific business knowledge.
- Responsible for the coordination of user/IT groups to identify solutions to business needs. Communicate designs to Programmer Analysts for implementation of technology solutions. Represents assigned client/application base to the IT department.
- Oversees the development of training, testing, and security plans to ensure design meets defined business requirements. Oversees ongoing training to clients and IT staff.
- Collaborates with Account Analysts in order to identify and assess organizational strategies such as work flow and systems/applications to meet clients’ operational needs.
- Performs in the role of project manager for medium and large projects. Assures smooth turnover of projects, both at the initiation as well as at the conclusion, to support services within IT as well as in customer departments.
- Provides input in the development of the IT Department’s policies and procedures and recommends to management suggestions for improvement.
- Collaborates with all departments of IT, develops appropriate system back-up procedures and obtain management approval for back up procedures.
- Acts as a liaison between Clients and IT Department personnel in addressing problem area operating condition. Responsible for the resolution of issues in the problem management system.
- Serves as the subject matter expert in health care information system applications, business conditions, and trends.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in a work related field/discipline from an accredited college or university
- Experience: Seven (7) years of progressively responsible and directly related work experience
Additional Information/Preferred Qualifications:
- Current Epic Bridges Certification
- HL7 Standard knowledge, particularly orders and results
- Experience in radiology, pharmacy, and other clinically related interface development.
- Lyniate Rhapsody Interface Engine Basic and Associate Certifications
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
These are the observable and measurable attributes and skills required to perform successfully the essential functions of the job and are generally demonstrated through qualifying experience, education, or licensure/certification.
- Knowledge and understanding of business requirements, technical designs/specifications and project implementations
- Knowledge and ability to assess business requirements, and provide production support and services
- Knowledge of structured analysis concepts, problem management concepts, and organizational analysis with a focus on information systems
- Knowledge and ability to analyze complex factors and select methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for the purpose of managing and planning technology systems
- Knowledge of technical applications and interfaces typically used in healthcare environment
- Knowledge and understanding of the integration of information systems with specific organizational business needs and plans
- Ability to solve problems and identify solutions
- Ability to research and interpret relevant regulations, guidelines, and standards
- Ability to apply judgment and make informed decisions
- Ability to foster effective relationships and build consensus
- Ability to speak, read, write, and understand English effectively at a level appropriate for the safe and effective performance of the job.
- Knowledge of new technologies (in specific field) and maintain and stay abreast of updates and changes
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
The Physical Requirements and Working Conditions in which the job is typically performed are available from the Occupational Health Department. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job
Equal Opportunity Employer