Advanced Practice Provider (APP) -
Center for Advanced Practice
Cohort 2024 – 2025, Application Terms:
- Application open date: February 5, 2024
- Application close date: March 17, 2024
- Program start date: September 2024
- Requisition #19105: Click Here to Apply
Informational Webinar - 2024:
- Hosted: Wednesday, February 21st
- Recording: Click Here to View
- Passcode: QSmk4!84
The APP Fellowship Program at Stanford Medicine Children’s Health is a thoughtfully structured program that offers recent NP or PA graduates a rich environment of both clinical and professional experiences to support the transition to the advanced practice role in a pediatric academic medical center environment.
Over the course of the 12-month post licensure program, the APP Fellow will provide direct clinical evaluation and management of patients in the hospital and ambulatory clinics based on designated clinical tracks. Throughout the fellowship the APP will continue to develop their clinical and professional skill set and enhance their leadership skills.
For those new graduate nurse practitioners and physician assistants wanting to more clearly identify an area of pediatric subspecialty practice they want to pursue a career in and have opportunities for mentorship and professional support, we welcome you to apply to this APP Fellowship Program.
Some of the opportunities include:
- Participate in an orientation which includes an introduction to the Stanford Medicine Children’s Health, networking opportunities with other APPs, and sessions by various staff to start to build a professional skill set.
- Professional Curriculum presented by diverse speakers on topics such as provider wellbeing, advocacy, health literacy, cognitive bias, and building autonomy in clinical practice
- Mentorship from APP and Physician colleagues during clinical rotations and access to pediatric subspecialty conferences and learning resources
- Opportunity to work on a quality improvement project and disseminate to APP Community
- Opportunity to serve on committees/taskforces within the Center for Advanced Practice
The program is supported by a Manager who maintains oversight over the program and serves as a liaison to leadership and APP Fellowship Faculty, completes evaluations, provides mentorship, and facilitates didactic curriculum and discussion.
Rotation Leadership help provide support to APP Fellows in the various rotations by developing rotation guides, creating patient assignments, and serving as direct clinical resource on the team.
Specialty Tracks, 2024-2025 Cohort:
- Heart Center Track: APP Fellows in this clinical track will have the opportunity to care for patients in a variety of pediatric cardiac settings including: general cardiology, single ventricle, and pulmonary hypertension clinics, heart failure and transplant programs, inpatient areas such as acute care cardiology unit, cardiac anesthesia, cardiac cath lab, and cardiothoracic surgery. In addition, APP Fellows will be able to see patients with the cardiac intensive care unit and electrophysiology teams.
- Surgical Services Track: APP Fellows in this clinical track will have the opportunity to care for patients in a variety of pediatric subspecialty cardiac inpatient and ambulatory settings including: general surgery, ENT, neurosurgery, liver transplant, general anesthesia, and orthopedic surgery.
To qualify as an applicant, please note the following criteria:
- Must be a Graduate of a Master's or Doctoral degree in nursing program from an accredited college or university OR a Graduate of a Physician Assistant Program accredited by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant.
- With a degree conferral date between June 1, 2023, and June 30, 2024, for the 2024 cohort
- Must have less than one (1) year of professional APP experience, at program start.
- Must be willing to commit to a one (1) year Fellowship Program.
Supporting applicant documentation, required for consideration:
- Current Resume
- Letter of Intent / Cover letter / Statement of Interest which indicates your reason for applying and intended specialty track
- One (1) page in length is sufficient
- Two (2) signed letters of recommendation ("wet" or electronic signature), from clinical leaders and /or clinical faculty on hospital/scholastic letterhead
- Letters of recommendation can be uploaded to the applicant profile by the candidate OR the professional recommender is welcome to email their letter of recommendation to: [email protected]
- Current transcripts from APP program studies (Unofficial copies are accepted)
Email: [email protected]
Informational Webinar Recording (2023): Program Overview