Child Life Specialist Internship
The child life internship at Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital Stanford is an intensive 16-week program that provides training and education for senior level bachelor or graduate level students pursuing a career as a Child Life Specialist. Interns are required to be affiliated with a college/university and be currently enrolled during their internship. Applicants must also meet and have completed specific child life intern requirements, including completion of Association of Child Life Professionals approved core coursework, to be considered for our internship program. Ability to commit to the full-time 40 hour a week program for all 16 weeks, in addition to required readings and assignments during the internship, is required. Our staff provide services throughout the day and night, as well as year-round for our patients and families; therefore, interns must also be able to work flexible hours/days depending on the needs of their unit, including potential nights (in the ED) or weekends. Specific rotations and hours will be discussed and determined with the intern during their orientation.
Please Note: The Child Life and Creative Arts Department at Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital Stanford will only be accepting internship applications from students coming from universities we have a current student placement contract with. These universities include:
- Loma Linda University
- The University of Laverne
- Mills College
- American Public University
- Azusa Pacific University
- Central Washington University
Thank you for your interest the Child Life Internship at Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital Stanford. The Child Life Internship program is accepting applications following the ACLP deadlines.
Fall Internship 2023
Eligibility Assessment Documents must arrive at ACLP office: March 1, 2023
- Application Deadline: March 15, 2023
- Initial Offer Date: May 2, 2023
- Acceptance Date: May 3, 2023
- 2nd Offer Date: May 4, 2023
Winter / Spring Internship 2024
Eligibility Assessment Documents must arrive at the ACLP office: August 21, 2023
- Application Deadline: September 7, 2023
- Initial Offer Date: October 10, 2023
- Acceptance Date: October 11, 2023
- 2nd Offer Date: October 12, 2023
- Complete the Internship Readiness Common Application found at https://aclp.smapply.io/. Detailed instructions on how to complete the application can be found in the guide here.
- Email the downloaded application to [email protected]
- The email subject line should state the internship session (winter/spring, fall, summer) and year. i.e. Fall 2023.
- The PDF downloaded as part of the ACLP Internship Readiness Common Application is the only component that will be reviewed. No additional documentation will be required or reviewed for a candidate’s initial submission (no letters of recommendation, cover letters, resumes, etc.).
If you have additional questions or needs regarding the child life internship, please contact the Child Life and Creative Arts department at (650) 497-8336.