New Grad RN Residency Program
Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford, the heart of Stanford Children's Health, offers exceptional opportunities for current students and recent graduates to complete their residency. Our program greatly enhances your education through exposure to many of today’s top medical advancements and the individuals responsible for them. If you’re passionate about caring for babies, children and new mothers and want to begin your career learning from a world-class leader in pediatrics and obstetrics then start with Stanford Children's Health.
We've partnered with Vizient/AACN Nurse Residency Program, a non-profit organization dedicated to advancing the nursing profession, to develop a comprehensive new graduate RN residency program. This unique one-year Residency is different from the traditional new graduate program because it provides an evidenced-based transition to prepare new graduate nurses for the highly complex and fast-paced acute care environment of Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford. New graduates will also benefit from:
- A supportive network of senior nurses and debriefers to augment your education through professional, clinical experience expertise
- One-on-one guided clinical experience with a preceptor
- On-site classes and simulation-based education
- An easy-to-use web portal and supportive self-care/debriefing groups
- You must be a graduate from a BSN or master's-level practice program, accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC) or Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- Graduates from online nursing programs are not accepted.
- Your graduation dates must fall between 12/31/2020 and 12/31/2021.
- No paid RN experience.
- You must have a current unencumbered California RN license by 3/14/2022. We will not accept interim permits, but will accept temporary licenses.
- BLS-Health Care Provider (HCP), issued by American Heart Association required by the Program by 3/14/2022.
- Two reference letters signed either physically (“wet”) or electronically from the School of Nursing Clinical Faculty and /or Preceptor.
- Most recent unofficial transcripts.
- Most recent resume
- Cover letter indicating why you want to join LPCHS and what your first and second choice of nursing area are you most interested in: Pediatric Acute Care (Medical Surgical, Hem/Onc ), Pediatric Critical Care (CVICU, PICU), Neonatal ICU, Intermediate Care Nursery, Operating Room, Ambulatory (Hem/Onc Outpatient).
- Willingness to commit to 1 year Residency Program.
2021 - 2022 Important Dates and Deadlines
- October 18: Application period begins.
- October 29: Last day of job posting and for applicants to apply by 12:00PM.
- Week of December 13, 2021: Notification of application status
- January 3 - January 14, 2022 : Interviews
- March 28, 2022: Start date for all New Grad Residents
Join our Live Webinar on October 20th at 5:00pm.
Please click the link to join the webinar: https://stanfordchildrens.zoom.us/j/91551802509?pwd=d2xKMmJqN0swb2JPV2dxZ0ZSMFFyQT09
Clinical Nurse I - RN New Graduate Residency Program ( 0.9FTE, Rotating)
Need Assistance while applying?
E-mail Danielle LiSong at [email protected] for technical difficulties.